US food safety overhaul in legislative limbo
- 2. Congress passes historic food safety bill. // Food & Environment Electronic Digest;Jan2011, p2
The article informs that the Food Safety Modernization Act has been passed by the U.S. Congress, that would strengthen the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA)'s ability to ensure food safety for the first time since 1938.
- Food Safety Bill Gains Ground. // SN: Supermarket News;8/23/2010, Vol. 58 Issue 34, p19
The article focuses on the amendment of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Food Safety Modernization Act, a bill which was introduced in March 2009 to give FDA additional resources on hiring new inspectors, the authority to deny U.S. entry on imported food facilities which lack safety...
- Senate Passes Food Safety Bill. // Dairy Foods;Jan2011, Vol. 112 Issue 1, p26
The article reports that a food safety bill was passed by the U.S. Senate on November 30, 2010, which gives more power to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to police food companies in the nation.
- Foof FOR Thought. HUSK, MARY // Resources Magazine;Winter2011, p8
A summary is presented of the bill related to food safety, the Food Safety Modernization Act, prepared by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- FDA Extends Food Safety Comment Period. Shearer, P. Scott // National Hog Farmer Expert Blog;4/22/2013, p6
The article reports that the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) is extending its comment period for the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) proposed rules till May 16, 2013.
- Keep FDA authority out of farm practices. Goodlatte, Bob // Hill;6/5/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 65, p15
The article reports on the move of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in improving the food safety system in the country.
- Court Orders FDA to Implement Food Safety Rules. Shearer, P. Scott // National Hog Farmer Expert Blog;4/29/2013, p5
This article reports that the U.S. District Court in San Francisco, California, has ordered the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) to set a timetable to promulgate regulations for the Food Safety Modernization Act of 2011.
- Food Safety Comment Period Success. // Certified Organic;Winter2014, p29
The article offers information on the events held and sponsored by the California Certified Organic Farmers (CCOF) during the comment period for the Food Safety Modernization Act proposed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2013.
- Consent Agreement Clears the Way For Final FSMA Rules. // Food Logistics;Mar2014, Issue 154, p8
The article offers information on the implementation of the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) and the legal action against the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on the agency's failure to meet set deadlines on the Act's implementation by activist groups.