Pilfered prescription pads
- Survey: Recession's impact on healthcare in Ohio. // Toledo Business Journal;Sep2009, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p36
The article focuses on the survey on Ohio physicians conducted in June-July 2009 released by Ohio State Medical Association. It notes that 90% of the respondents say that they have witnessed an increase in the number of patients who have lost their insurance and are having difficulty paying...
- International skeletal society outreach in Argentina. Rossi, Ignacio; Bencardino, Jenny; Rosenberg, Zehava; Steinbach, Lynne // Skeletal Radiology;Apr2014, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p419
From June 28th to 29th, 2013, the Argentinian ISS Outreach Program took place in collaboration with the Centro de DiagnÃ³stico Dr. Enrique Rossi in the city of Buenos Aires. A total of 690 participants attended. In the following report, we analyze the actual radiologic situation in this South...
- TOP DOCS. // Louisville Magazine;Aug2011, Vol. 62 Issue 8, p56
The article focuses on the survey involving more than 2000 members of the Greater Louisville Medical Society and almost 600 members of the Louisville Dental Society. It says that the survey provides question of who among the Louisville-area doctors will be chosen to offer medical treatment in...
- Physicians can be trained to deal with ambiguity. Henderson, Zorika Petic // Human Ecology;Spring92, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p31
Discusses the results of a study to examine physicians ambiguity. Budner's Intolerance of Ambiguity Scale examines how people deal with ambiguous situations involving complexity and novelty, and considers whether reactions tend to involve constructive action or denial. Findings that residents'...
- Social class of physicians: Attitudes toward health care. Barney, Joseph A.; Fredericks, Janet // Education;Spring93, Vol. 113 Issue 3, p497
Examines physicians' social class in relation to certain attitudes toward health care. Relationship between attitudinal variables and social class.
- Society for enhanced patient safety formed. // British Columbia Medical Journal;Mar2014, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p98
The article reports on incorporation of British Columbia's 26 regulated health professions, governed by 22 colleges under Bristish Columbia's Health Professions Act and one under the Social Workers Act, under the Society Act to become the Health Profession Regulators of British Columbia Society.
- ASSOCIATION: DIRECTORY. // Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA);Dec2007, Vol. 138 Issue 12, p1530
A directory for dental associations in the United States is presented.
- End-of-life care. Serb, Chris // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;03/20/98, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p24
Presents information on the Medical Society of New Jersey, which has developed guidelines for an out-of-hospital Do Not Resuscitate orders. Why the guidelines were developed; Reference to the distribution of forms and bracelets in hospitals and long care facilities.
- Providing Solutions for Your Practice. // South Dakota Medicine;May2014, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p211
The article informs that South Dakota State Medical Association (SDSMA) provides practice management consulting and array of services to its members at below-market prices and help them to manage of the business side of their practice.