Ad hoc preparedness
- (One of) John Service's Legacies: Raising the Profile of Psychosocial Issues in Emergency Management in Canada. Gibson, Maggie // Psynopsis: Canada's Psychology Newspaper;Spring2008, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p15
The article reports highlights the role of Doctor John Service, former executive director of the Center for Emergency Preparedness (CEPR), Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), in raising and consolidating the profile of psychosocial issues in emergency management in Canada. Under the...
- Vaccine for next flu season in Canada to contain same strains as last season's. // Canadian Pharmacists Journal (Allen Press Publishing Services In;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 144 Issue 4, p160
The article reports on the announcement of the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), stating that the vaccine for the 2011-2012 influenza season will contain the same strains as last season such as A-California H1N1, A-Perth, H3N2, and B-Brisbane.
- Government ideology affects AIDS funding. Ling, Justin // Xtra (Toronto);8/23/2012, Issue 726, p9
The article reports that of the funding proposal for 20 projects submitted by the Canadian HIV/AIDS Legal Network (CHLN) to the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) amounting to about 700,000 dollars, only a third of the funding was approved with the axing of 16 proposed activities.
- Cold and flu very common in children this time of year. // Asian Pacific Post;10/27/2011, p5
The article focuses on the findings of the Public Health Agency of Canada that common colds in children occur five to eight times per year and that children also have the highest flu cases.
- Debunking myths about Lyme disease. // Filipino Post;6/5/2014, p6
The article offers information on the facts and myths that must be considered about Lyme disease as advised by the Public Health Agency of Canada.
- Other PHAC publications. // Health Promotion & Chronic Disease Prevention in Canada: Researc;Aug2015, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p97
No abstract available.
- Reaching out through Workplaces. Cove, Linda; Leikin, Benjamin; Nigro, Sherry; Leikin, Lewis // Psynopsis: Canada's Psychology Newspaper;Fall/Automne2015, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p10
The article looks at the strategic goal of Canadian municipal public health unit Ottawa Public Health to champion mental health promotion in the workplace.
- ALCOA's Health Policy Project identifies major areas for action. // Active Living: Newsletters;Nov2006, pN4
The article provides information on the Health Policy Project implemented by the Active Living Coalition for Older Adults (ALCOA). The Public Health Agency of Canada supports the Health Policy Project of ALCOA. Several initiatives were recommended on how active living among older adults could be...
- WELL-FIT: New cancer grant project under way. // Active Living: Newsletters;May2008, pN4
The article reports that Public Health Agency of Canada has approved Active Living Coalition for Older Adults' (ALCOA) submission of funds for the modification of WELL-FIT, an exercise and wellness program for cancer patients undergoing treatment. The funding will allow ALCOA to modify the...