Generic drug plan scrapped
- Coutu mulls drug reform impact. // Chain Drug Review;7/19/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p3
The article reports that Jean Coutu Group (PJC) Inc. speculates on the impact of drug reform to its future revenue in Longueuil, Quebec, wherein the president of the company Farncois Coutu states that he hopes for an agreement before the new reimbursement rules take effect.
- Bill to help Canadian companies ship generics has uncertain future. Hoag, Hannah // Nature Medicine;Mar2011, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p234
The article reports that the C-393 bill of Canada to improve Canada's Access to Medicines Regime (CAMR), is having approval difficulties in the Canadian parliament. Apotex Inc. vice president for regulatory and medical affairs Bruce Clark says CAMR is time consuming and impractical due to...
- UK drug industry challenges government's action. Dyer, Clare // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);7/14/2007, Vol. 335 Issue 7610, p63
This article reports that the British drug industry is taking the government to court over its attempt to encourage doctors in the National Health Service (NHS) to switch patients to cheaper generic drugs. The Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI) has won permission to...
- Generics: REPORTERS Notebook. // Drug Store News;2/11/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p52
The article evaluates several products related to medicine which includes the DuoNeb drug from Teva Pharmaceuticals, Colazal anti-inlammatory drug from Roxane Laboratories and Biaxin XL antibiotic from Watson Pharmaceuticals.
- Balancing the `rooted' with the `mobile'. Levine, Peter // Brandweek;10/14/96, Vol. 37 Issue 39, p17
Comments on the need for a brand name product to be rooted in its heritage and mobile enough to adapt to the changing needs and perceptions of the marketplace to stay connected to its consumer base. Traditional corporate identity approaches; Factors that need to be part of an integrated...
- America's superbrands. // Adweek Western Edition;10/7/96 Supplement Superbrands, Vol. 46 Issue 41, p141
Presents a directory of the top brand name products in the United States for 1995 ranked by media spending. Brand; 1995 total media spending; 1994 total media spending; Percent change; Brand index.
- Laws of Branding. // Executive Excellence;Nov2001, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p12
Discusses ways for the development of brand positioning for new products and services, as well as relaunching and repositioning existing brands. Effect of advertising in establishing a brand in the marketplace; Principles on which the gravitational branding is based; Affordable ways of...
- Brands with highest consumer esteem. // FoodService Director;3/15/97 Supplement, Vol. 10, p8s
Presents a listing of brand names with the highest consumer esteem in the United States.
- How supermarkets measure up today. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p176
Comments on the methods being used by supermarkets in the United States to control the amount of branded products which are being sold, highlighting the views of Bill Pizzico, associate publisher of the `Supermarket Business.' Reference to some of the supermarkets which are using their own...