Optimize for Google
- GOOGLE INSTANT SEARCH & SEO. // eWeek;10/4/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p41
The article presents information on the implications of Google Instant, an application from Google Inc. that lets users type a query and see results without hitting enter, which is said to interrupt the search engine optimization (SEO).
- Smaller brands could be hit by personalised search, say SEO agency experts. Cooper, Will // New Media Age;12/10/2009, p4
This article reports on the possibility that the expansion by Google of its personalised search results could skew rankings in favour of bigger brands and make it more difficult to monitor search engine optimization activity, according to leading British search marketers.
- New tool gives SEO snapshot. // Recruiter;Mar2013, p8
The article offers information on the free search engine optimization (SEO) auditing tool developed by Andy Drinkwater that allows recruitment firms to get the preview of their website in Google and other search engines in Great Britain.
- Google must strive to remain relevant. Walmsley, Andrew // Marketing (00253650);10/17/2007, p13
The article presents the author's comment on Google Inc.'s business strategy. The author appreciates the business strategy of the company that it adopted during its early years of establishment. However, he regrets over the way the company has started to compromise its zeal for relevance among...
- Clint Boulton: Google Watch. // eWeek;2/11/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p45
The author reflects on the advantages that Google Inc. will attain with the new products introduced by various search engines in the U.S. He states that the products offer higher benefits to Google because the technologies integrated in them could advance the open social-based sites of the...
- Advertisers prepare for battle as Google scraps search rules. Jones, Gareth // Marketing (00253650);4/16/2008, preceding p2
The article reports on the changes made to the paid-search strategy of Google Inc. in Great Britain. It cites that advertisers in the country, including Npower and Mercedes-Benz AG, are bidding for keywords related to their rivals as their strategy to build their brands online. It notes that the...
- Mastering the Mystery of SEO. Tummarello, Kate // Campaigns & Elections (2010);Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 33 Issue 312, p50
The article discusses the use of search engine optimization (SEO) for effective online political campaigning. SEO is described as a tool which promotes web site content by increasing its display on web search engines like Google. Matthew Dybward of political media firm Craft asserts that SEO...
- Search Engine Optimization. Sandone, Patrick // Tire Business;4/11/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p11
The article discusses the importance of search engine optimization (SEO) for tire businesses. SEO offers businesses opportunity to connect with new customers looking to buy tires. More than 90 percent of these customers perform research online. Google is said to be the most popular search engine...
- PR agencies increasingly challenge search specialists for SEO work. McEleny, Charlotte // New Media Age (Online Edition);5/10/2012, p2
The article reports that Internet company Google Inc.'s plan to penalize websites which are overusing search engine optimization (SEO) with unethical practices, is forcing clients to ask their public relation (PR) firms to manage their search activities. An automated penalty has been integrated...