REHAB PRODUCTS: Fused PVC Pipe The Answer For Pipebursting Projects Across The Country
- Rehabilitation Technology. // Underground Construction;Nov2010, Vol. 65 Issue 11, p58
The article focuses on the use of fused polyvinyl chloride (PVC) pipe in pipe bursting projects in the U.S. Saint Petersburg, Florida decides to use the fused pipe to replace its water line along Snell Isle Boulevard. The continual application of pipe bursting technology with the said pipe was...
- March. // Opflow Online;Mar2014, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p2
The article offers a brief overview of the trenchless method of replacing water mains known as pipe bursting by breaking and displacing existing pipe and installing a replacement in the void created, which has been used in Casselberry, Florida.
- PIPE BURSTING. Turner, Jon // Opflow Online;Mar2014, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p2
The article offers various considerations in installing a replacement water pipe using the technique pipe-bursting system which include identifying service connections, valves and hydrants, disconnecting and isolating all service connections and excavating pits at the ends of lines to be replaced.
- No-dig carves niche for itself. Sheehan, Nick // WET News: Water & Effluent Treatment News;Dec2008/Jan2009, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p20
The article deals with several trenchless technology/techniques used in the water and effluent treatment industry. It describes the lining technique used in rehabilitating water and sewer pipes. Information is presented on the pipebursting technique. It outlines the advantages of microtunnelling...
- Study on relationships between climate-related covariates and pipe bursts using evolutionary-based modelling. Laucelli, Daniele; Rajani, Balvant; Kleiner, Yehuda; Giustolisi, Orazio // Journal of Hydroinformatics;Jul2014, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p743
Researchers extensively studied external loads since they are widely recognized as significant contributors to water pipe failures. Physical phenomena that affect pipe bursts, such as pipe-environment interactions, are very complex and only partially understood. This paper analyses the possible...
- Geostatistical techniques for approximate location of pipe burst events in water distribution systems. Romano, Michele; Kapelan, Zoran; Savić, Dragan A. // Journal of Hydroinformatics;July2013, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p634
This paper focusses on the customisation and further enhancement of the recently developed data-driven methodology for the automated near real-time detection of pipe bursts and other (e.g. sensor faults) events at the district metered area (DMA) level. Assuming the availability of pressure/flow...
- Development of the Management Information System on Pipe Bursts in Water Distribution Networks. Hui Zhang; Tinglin Huang; Jinlan Xu // Advanced Materials Research;2014, Vol. 1065-1069, p1699
The Management Information System (MIS) on pipe bursts was developed by Visual Basic 6.0 to handle the accident data in water distribution networks. The thought of modular design is adopted in system design and the whole system is divided into four modules, including user login, database...
- Correction. Carpenter, Robert // Underground Construction;Mar2011, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p4
A correction to the article on the implication of pipebursting and gas explosion that was published in the February 2011 issue is presented.
- Pipe Bursting Website Updated, Expanded. // Underground Construction;Aug2012, Vol. 67 Issue 8, p57
The article reports on the announcement of the International Pipe Bursting Association (IPBA) that it has overhauled its website located at www.ipbaonline.org.