FIRST LOOK: Sensor System Records CIPP Temperature Readings During Installation
- An examination of procedures for predicting heat losses from underground structures. Mughal, MP; Chattha, JA // Building Services Engineering Research & Technology;May2002, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p69
Numerical predictions for heat losses from two-dimensional underground structures of variable geometry are presented. The calculations include the effects of wind velocity, surface radiation, and deep soil temperature, none of which have been previously explored. Results are compared with...
- Low-temperature Scanning Tunneling Microscopy and Spectroscopy of Noble-metal Surfaces. Zupanič, Erik; żitko, Rok; van Midden, Herman J. P.; Muševič, Igor; Prodan, Albert // Croatica Chemica Acta;Nov2009, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p485
Low-index surfaces of copper single crystals were studied by scanning tunneling microscopy (STM) and spectroscopy (STS). The experiments were performed under ultra-high vacuum conditions at room- and close to liquid helium- temperatures. At lower temperatures thermal drifts are largely reduced,...
- A network of RS-485 smart temperature sensors. Cerezo, Luis Alberto // Electronic Design;08/23/99, Vol. 47 Issue 17, p81
Describes a network of smart temperature sensors. Components of the network nodes; Computer used as the network master; Block diagram of the temperature sensor cards; Detection of hardware error; Electrical isolation of the system to provide noise immunity in industrial applications.
- Heat Stress Monitor. // Forging;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p40
The article offers information on the Microtherm heat stress monitor from Casella USA.
- See Temperature. // Salt Water Sportsman;Jul2005, Vol. 66 Issue 7, p26
Features the Fisherman's Temperature Sensor from Minn Kota.
- Contact sensors: The business end of temperature measurement. Johnson, Dick // Control Engineering;Jun98, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p57
Part III. Provides information on the use of temperature sensors in the United States. Marketing of the product; Accuracy of temperature sensors; How to keep a track of the temperature by using the sensors. INSETS: Sensor matching boosts performance;Why use direct wire temperature sensors?.
- Temperature sensor. // Colourage;Jan1998, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p48
Presents an abstract of the paper "Temperature sensor".
- Diode-bridge temperature sensor. Abu-Zeid, M. M.; Sasburg, A. G. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Oct86, Vol. 57 Issue 10, p2609
A simple diode bridge used as a temperature sensor with an accuracy of Â±0.5 Â°C in the temperature range of 25-100 Â°C has been fabricated and tested. It was first realized using commercially available breadboard transistor arrays and then in two monolithic integrated circuits which...
- Measure humidity and temperature on one TTL line. Tiwari, Shyam // EDN;8/30/2001, Vol. 46 Issue 19, p102
Focuses on the generation of TTL-level signal by combining the responses of an Analog Devices 590 temperature sensor and HS1101 humidity sensor. Production of a single-line signal from both sensors; Level pulse rate; Elimination of noise signal transmission over long distance.