Michigan UP Excavation Challenges
- INDUSTRY VIEW. // Roads & Bridges;Nov2015, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p14
A photograph captured during the preparation of 48-inch (in.)-diameter reinforced concrete pipes to be used for the construction of storm drain in Snowflake, Arizona is presented.
- Developing a Storm Drain Asset GIS for a Phase I MS4. Landrum, Teri // WaterWorld;Jul2008 Supplement, p24
The article discusses the development of a Geographic Information System (GIS) storm drain infrastructure network by the North Texas Tollway Authority (NTTA). The GIS was designed to support NTTA's MS4 compliance efforts and general system maintenance protocols. The project consists of two...
- Cities, counties getting funds for stormwater-control projects. // Underground Construction;Mar2011, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p8
The article reports on the announcement released by the U.S. State Department of Ecology which states the list of 43 cities and counties in Washington that will receive a share of the 23.4 million dollars grant program to design and build stormwater retrofit and low-impact development facility...
- Vietnam project for B&V. // WET News: Water & Effluent Treatment News;Jul2010, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p2
The article reports that Black & Veatch (B&V) has entered a surface water drainage and wastewater treatment contract with the Hue City Water Environment Improvement Project Management Unit in Vietnam.
- Country Homes stormwater project to begin next year. Ross, Katie // Journal of Business (10756124);12/19/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 26, p6
The article informs that the Spokane County stormwater utility department is working on a restoration project worth 2.5 million dollars designed by landscape architecture firm AHBL Inc., to remove asphalt drainage channel between the traffic lanes on County Homes Boulevard.
- County to create storm-water ponds near Browne Mountain. McLean, Mike // Journal of Business (10756124);6/28/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 14, pB8
The article reports on the plan of Spokane County to redesign its former sewage lagoons at the base of Browne Mountain in Washington D.C. The reconstruction of the lagoons aims to handle the storm-water runoff from the area. Detailed information about the location of the lagoons as well as the...
- PIPE LIFT HOLE PLUGS RESIST INTERNAL PRESSURE AND BACKFILL SURCHARGE LOADS. // Concrete Products;Jan2013, Vol. 116 Issue 1, p48
The article discusses the pressure resistance characteristics of lift hole plugs designed by Popit Inc. that can withstand internal pressure and resist backfill loads.
- Break through at North MacGregor storm sewer. // Mining Engineering;Sep2007, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p10
The article reports on the construction of the North MacGregor Storm Sewer Relief Project in Houston, Texas. The project is handled by contractors Oscar Renda and Southland. The project involves the installation of the largest transmission line ever installed by means of tunneling. A Lovat...
- Portland project enters final phase. // Mining Engineering;Sep2007, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p12
The article reports on the final phase of the East side combined sewer overflow project in Portland, Oregon. The project is set to be completed by 2011 and its primary purpose is to reduce the volume of combined sewage and stormwater that overflows the river by 94% when it rains. The project is...