Louisiana Tech hosts leaders from China's largest pipeline, engineering firm
- Oil Line Safely Cleaned Of All Hydrocarbons. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Nov2007, Vol. 234 Issue 11, p82
The article provides information on the process applied by Brenntag Oil & Gas Europe on cleaning a crude transport line at the Total Refinery in Vlissingen, the Netherlands. According to the author, compressed air was utilized as a propelling agent to transport the pigs through the pipeline. The...
- Distribution Integrity Management Proposal Announced. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Aug2008, Vol. 235 Issue 8, p10
The article announces the release of Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration's (PHMSA's) distribution management program (DIMP) proposal for intrastate pipelines in the U.S. at the end of June 2008. It states that in DIMP proposal, hazardous liquid and gas transmission lines gives...
- Crude oil pipeline companies. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Nov96, Vol. 223 Issue 11, p69
Presents a directory of crude oil pipeline companies in the United States. Names; Addresses; Telephone numbers; Fax numbers; Key personnel.
- Leading pipeline executives discuss role of technology. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Aug97, Vol. 224 Issue 8, p73
Focuses on the Pipeline Industry Technology Workshop, held in Denver, Colo., May 12-14, 1997. Speakers; Major issues discussed; Next-generation pipelines; Maintaining pipeline integrity; Gas measurement.
- NAPCA Holds Workshop in Houston. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Sep2002, Vol. 229 Issue 9, p2
Reports on the National Association of Pipe Coating Applicators' (NAPCA) One-Day Summer Workshop at the Doubletree Hotel in Houston, Texas. Attendance; Activities on the opening of the workshop; Topics discussed; Panel discussion on steel pipe traceability issues.
- Meetings. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Nov2007, Vol. 234 Issue 11, p101
A calendar of events related to petroleum pipeline industries in November 2007 to May 2008 is presented which includes DeepGulf 2007, Eleventh Annual Energy and Environment Conference, and the 2008 Offshore Technology Conference (OTC).
- Mississippi yearning. // National Petroleum News;Nov2002, Vol. 94 Issue 12, p38
Focuses on the issue of reliability or viability of flex-piping systems in light of reports from Mississippi and other sites in the Southeast that suggest that piping was the culprit in a series of petroleum product releases. Implication of defective flex piping as the cause of the leaks...
- Delays push Keystone XL pipeline back. // Underground Construction;Sep2013, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p5
The article informs that approval of the energy company TransCanada Corp.'s Keystone XL crude oil pipeline project, a pipeline system to transport synthetic crude oil from Alberta, Canada, and crude oil from the northern U.S. to refineries in Texas, will start in the second half of 2015.
- 2003-04 Line Pipe Tables. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Sep2003, Vol. 230 Issue 9, p50
Presents charts that provide a quick reference to information on most line pipe sizes, walls, grades and manufacturing processes for the calendar years 2003 and 2004. Country and company address; Steel processes; Outside diameter and wall thickness measurements ranges; Maximum line pipe lengths.