EPA issues Clean Water, Drinking Water Infrastructure Sustainability Policy
- Proposed sulfate standard focuses on drinking water. Lorenzi, Neal // Professional Safety;Mar95, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p10
Reports on the Environmental Protection Agency's proposed approach to the control of sulfate in drinking water. Public education and notification; Use of alternative water; Contact information.
- EPA proposal strives for safer drinking water. // Nation's Health;Jun2000, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p4
Details the United States Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) proposed rule that requires states to inspect all groundwater systems. Exemption to the rule; Remarks from EPA Administrator Carol Browner; Time required for notifying the public of immediate drinking water risks; Number of...
- Maximum sulfate level considered. // WaterWorld;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p12
Reports on the US Environmental Protection Agency's proposal of a maximum contaminant level of 500 milligrams per liter for sulfate in drinking water. Requirements for systems that fail to meet the goal; Diseases caused by sulfate in infants and adults not acclimated to high-sulfate water;...
- EPA proposes minor revisions to lead/copper rule. // WaterWorld;May96, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the US Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) proposal to revise its drinking water lead/copper regulations. Provisions of the proposed revision; Reductions in the monitoring burden; EPA budget proposal.
- Draft guidance issued for source protection. Laughlin, James // WaterWorld;Jun97, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p1
Reports that the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has released its draft guidelines for the development and implementation of State Source Water Assessment and Protection Programs and State Source Water Petition Program, established under the reauthorized Safe Drinking Water Act. ...
- Radon, Groundwater Top EPA's Agenda. Laughlin, James // WaterWorld;Jan2000, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p3
Reports on the efforts of the United States Environmental Protection Agency in implementing the provisions of the Safety Drinking Water Act. Rules for groundwater water systems; Proposed arsenic rule.
- EPA Report Details Progress Of Drinking Water SRF Program. // WaterWorld;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p1
Reports that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has issued a 'Report to Congress' that describes the progress that states have made in the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund program since the first funding was awarded in March 1997. Total number and amount of loans provided for by states...
- Regulations review. Harrigan, Kate // Pollution Engineering;Feb2000, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p8
Presents environmental regulation-related news from the United States as of February 2000. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) proposal to delist phosphoric acid from the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act; EPA's revision of drinking water regulations.
- Arsenic and Old Regs. Thorp, Lynn // Multinational Monitor;May2001, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p9
Focuses on the withdrawal of a regulation for arsenic in drinking water by the United States (U.S.) Environmental Protection Agency. Reaction from environmentalists; Uses of arsenic; Opposition to the proposed regulations from former U.S. President Bill Clinton.