Class-action lawsuit filed against JM Eagle
- Judge Approves Sequenom's $14 Million Settlement. Chambers, Heather // San Diego Business Journal;5/10/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p7
The article reports on the approval received by Sequenom Inc. for its 14 million dollar-settlement with shareholders given by a San Diego, California federal judge.
- Get expert legal advice to make sure arbitration agreements are valid and enforceable. // HR Specialist: California Employment Law;Sep2012, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p3
The article discusses a court case in California that highlights the need to seek legal advice to ensure the validity of arbitration agreements.
- Defense lawyers rest case at same-sex marriage trial. // Gay & Lesbian Times;2/4/2010, Issue 1154, p16
The article reports on the time to be taken by U.S. Chief District Judge Vaughn R. Walker to review the evidence of the case challenging the constitutionality of California's ban on same-sex marriage.
- Endless arbitration case goes another round. // HR Specialist: California Employment Law;Aug2012, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p1
The article focuses on the reality of arbitration agreements which could cause employers time-consuming litigation as depicted in the case Ishanian v. CLS Transportation in California.
- Judge rules tentatively against Teamsters in Visalia case. Lindt, John // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;4/29/2011, p1
The article reports that Judge Paul Vortmann of Tulare County Superior Court in California has ruled out against a lawsuit filed by the Teamsters Union against the city of Visalia regarding the construction of a VWR International Inc.-owned distribution center in 2011.
- California's Ban On 'Reparative' Therapy Impementation Delayed. KEEN, USA // Between the Lines (10807551);1/31/2013, Issue 2105, p10
The article presents information on the law banning the use of reparative therapy on people younger than 18 years of age in California which was not able to go into effect on January 1, 2013 due to delay in enactment pending the appeals court's review of a lawsuit that challenges the law.
- Key figure in Yurok, Hoopa lawsuit dies. H. H. // Humboldt Historian;Spring1994, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p31
An obituary for Eureka, California, resident Jessie Short is presented.
- Jay Leno sued over Golden Temple joke. // South Asian Post;2/2/2012, p25
The article reports on the lawsuit filed by an Indian American in California against U.S. comedian Jay Leno for his depiction of the golden Temple as the home of the rich which is derogatory, defamatory and contrary to the reality and principle of Sikhism as well as the Sikh community.
- San Bernardino Bondholders Sue for Treatment Equal to CalPERS. Webster, Keeley // Bondbuyer.com;1/9/2015, p1
The article reports that a lawsuit in the California city's bankruptcy case has been filled by San Bernardino's pension bondholders seeking equal treatment with the state's largest pension fund.