Clearwire Dials Up $1.325B in New Debt
- Beaumont Hospitals to sell $270 million in bonds. Greene, Jay // Crain's Detroit Business;11/30/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 46, p41
The article reports that William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan, has issued tax-exempt bond of 270 million dollars through the City of Royal Oak Hospital Finance Authority. It will be used to advance a refund of 234 million dollars in variable rate bonds. Standard and Poor's Rating...
- HY Primary Market Sees $2.8B Day. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;11/23/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 47, p13
This article reports on the plans of three companies to issue junk bonds in the U.S. on November 23, 2009. Telecom company Clearwire intends to issue secured notes due 2015 and plans to use the proceeds to pay its credit facility. Paper company Cascades launched senior notes due 2017. Graham...
- MultiPlan Brings $2.28B Loan Offer to Market. Fest, Glen // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;3/10/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p25
The article reports on health care claims processor MultiPlan's launch of a loan offer and its planned use of the proceeds to refinance existing debt and partially fund its buyout by Starr Investment Holdings and Partners Group AG.
- Foreshadowing? // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/9/2007, Vol. 73 Issue 27, p11
The article reports that a lot of parallels are being drawn between frenzied debt market and the junk bond era of the mid to late 1980s in the U.S. Covenants are being flushed, leverage is climbing, and the bridge loans have become commonplace in the large market. One of the challenges is how to...
- Clearwater Plans Debt. // Official Board Markets;10/9/2010, Vol. 86 Issue 41, p11
The article reports that Clearwater Paper Corp., a bleached paperboard maker in Spokane, Washington, plans to market debt after recording the second-best month for dollar-denominated corporate bond sales.
- BY THE NUMBERS. // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/11/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p5
Several statistics are presented including one on the percentage of share of rated corporate debt in 2010 in the U.S., one on the amount of corporate bonds issued by industrial companies in late 2010, and one on the percentage of value of bonds sold by financial companies in 2007.
- On the Listing of Corporate Debt: A Note. Boardman, Calvin M.; Dark, Frederick H.; Lease, Ronald C. // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Mar1986, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p107
While the value of listing equity securities has been researched extensively, no studies have examined the market reaction to the decision to list corporate debt. Since the listing of corporate bonds on the major exchanges is a significant corporate activity, this study examines the impact of...
- Iowa Health System Selling $250M Of LOC-Backed VR Debt Today. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/4/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33074, p3
The article reports that Des Moines-based Iowa Health System entered the market with nearly $250 million of variable-rate debt in five series, including two of $55.3 million, one of $32 million, one of $59 million and one of $43 million. Underwriters and remarketing agents of the bonds include...
- Corporate punishment. Ellul, Joanne // Money Marketing;9/15/2011, p36
The article reports on the impact of the European debt crisis to the corporate bond sector in Great Britain. It notes that the retail sales for the corporate bonds have reached 85 million pounds. It also mentions the view of Christine Johnson, manager of the 569.4 million pounds Old Mutual...