HY Market Shows Resilience in Face of Crisis
- Europe 2010: The name is Bond--High Yield Bond. Ahrestani, Savita Iyer // Bank Loan Report;1/11/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p4
The article focuses on high yield bonds as the center of the leveraged finance industry in Europe in 2010. It notes that high yield bonds have been the financing alternative of choice for companies planning to refinance bank debt. It adds that junk bonds issuance will keep its strength in 2010....
- Are There Legs to This Junk Bond Rally? Laughlin, Kate // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/1/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 17, p12
The article reports on the high-yield bonds that create a higher return than in the previous year of 2005 in the U.S. These returns were supplied mainly by the more volatile triple-C and distressed credits. But market players suspect that while high-yield sectors could not be concluded yet, a...
- High Yield Market Hits a Rough Patch. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;11/29/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p3
The article reports on the decline of the junk bond market in 2010. It relates that current trends in the market include declining spreads, pulled deals, and negative fund flows. The decision of long-term junk bond investors to reduce their exposure to high yield was prompted by the low rate of...
- Hedgies, I-Grade Lend A Hand To M-Real. K. L. // High Yield Report;4/3/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p1
The article reports on the status of the European bond market in relation to the few interested high yield investors in M-Real Corp.'s bonds. On March 24, 2006, M-Real issued 500 million euros in new high yield paper with a coupon of 7.25 percent arranged deal by Barclays Capital and Deutsche...
- Alliance Prices Upsized HY Deal for $600M. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;7/28/2014, p36
The article reports on the sale of a high yield bond amounting to 600 million dollars by Alliance Data Systems in July 2014. Topics covered include the maturity date of the deal and the bookrunners on the deal including Wells Fargo, Bank of America Merrill Lynch and JPMorgan. Also mentioned is...
- Gainers & Losers: Delta/Calpine. J.B. // High Yield Report;5/24/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p7
Focuses on several U.S. high yield bond issuers with biggest gains and losses as of May 24, 2004.
- Equity Rally Bodes Well for HY. R.A.; S.H. // High Yield Report;10/21/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 41, p4
Reports on developments in the U.S. high yield bond market, as of October 21, 2002. Skepticism of investors regarding the possibility of automobile manufacturers being headed towards the high yield market; Weak sectors of the market; Comparative performance of C-rated and B-rated bonds.
- EUROPE. R.A.; S.H. // High Yield Report;10/21/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 41, p5
Reports on developments in the European high yield market, as of October 2002. Rise in the price of bonds; Performance of various sectors; affected by the equity rally.
- Is Level 3's Deal A Trifle Risky? Perhaps... // High Yield Report;9/29/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 37, p1
Reports on developments concerning the high-yield bond market in the United States, as of September 29, 2003.