Loan Market Gets $850M Dose of Health-Care Debt
- ConvaTec Sells Upsized $900M PIK Deal. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;8/12/2013, p25
The article reports on the sale of 900 million U.S. dollar 8.25% pay-in-kind (PIK) toggle notes due 2019 by medical device and technology firm ConvaTec Inc. to pay a dividend to shareholders. The notes were upsized from 800 million U.S. dollars and issued at 99% of par to yield 8.5%. It adds...
- Fed Approves JPMorgan, Goldman Capital Plans. Borak, Donna // American Banker;12/ 3/2013, Vol. 178 Issue 184, p11
The article reports the U.S. Federal Reserve Board accepted JPMorgan Chase & Co.'s and Goldman Sachs financial services firm's revised capital plans on December 1, 2013 and notes both companies passed their annual financial stress tests earlier this year.
- Fewer Hedge Funds Open, Close Doors in Q4. Colter, Allison Bisbey // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;3/7/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p13
The article discusses the findings about hedge funds by Hedge Fund Research (HFR). Figures showed that hedge funds declined to 220 in the fourth quarter of 2010, the second lowest quarterly launch total in the last six quarters. There were 743 hedge fund liquidations in 2010 and only 935...
- The Wall Street Money Machine: SEC Proposes Ban on Magnetar-Like Deals. Beckett, Lois // Pro Publica;9/19/2011, p7
The article reports that the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission proposed rules to ban hedge funds and banks from assembling risky securities and then marketing them to investors. As stated, the rule would also ban firms from setting up risky securities for the benefit of an undisclosed...
- BEST INVESTMENT BANKS 2009. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;Jun2009, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p22
The article announces awards related to investment banks, private equity, and deals including J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. as global winner for best investment award, Principal Investment Area of Goldman Sachs & Co. for private equity award, and Visa IPO for equity deal.
- Who needs Wall Street giants? Hightower, Jim // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;6/7/2012, Vol. 75 Issue 44, p21
The article discusses how JPMorgan Chase & Co., Goldman Sachs & Co., and Bank of America Corp. due to their ineptness and avarice drained more than 19 trillion dollars from household wealth of the U.S. and led to the financial crisis.
- MONSANTO. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;7/2/2014, pA02
The article offers information on the plan of crop and seed protection provider Monsanto to purchase the shares of financial services provider Goldman Sachs and J.P. Morgan Chase in the U.S.
- Wall Street Giants to Form Market Data Alliance. Panettieri, Joe; Din, Suleman // American Banker;8/24/2015, Vol. 180 Issue 131, p1
The article reports on plans of investment banks JPMorgan Chase, Goldman Sachs, and Morgan Stanley to form a market data alliance called Securities Produce Reference Data system which will allow member companies to create a stream of consistent pricing and transaction data.
- JP Morgan swoops for Goldman MD of 24 years. McGrath, Joe // Ai Trade News;2015, p1
JP Morgan has swooped to hire a Goldman Sachs stalwart to become its new global head of equities technology.