- Minefield. Rendon, Joel Estudillo // Business Mexico;Sep2001, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p24
Focuses on the situation of Mexico's farmers coming to terms with globalization. Veto of the Rural Development Law; Mobilization of the farming sector to demand solutions to their problems; Structural nature of the agricultural sector.
- TALKING POINT. Carter, Anthony // Farmers Weekly;1/11/2002, Vol. 136 Issue 2, p71
Comments on the need for the British farming industry to cope with the increasing global competition. Way to stand up to global competition; Opportunity to change in the wake of the industry's crisis; Need for a brand image to achieve competitiveness in international level.
- AGRONOMIC STRATEGIES FOR SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT. Sowani, S. V. // Indian Streams Research Journal;Jan2012, Vol. 1 Issue 12, Special section p1
Since 1991 every sectoral policy are being framed within the system of globalization and liberalization. Structural adjustment has now become an important policy matter of the Government. The implications are now being experienced by various segments of the society. Agriculture, as an important...
- Global marketplace sowing seeds of economic woes. Betancourt, Paul H. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;8/13/2001, Issue 322811, p10
Elaborates on the effect of globalization on agriculture in California. Concern on the adjustment of cropping patterns and reduction of cost; Importance of promoting excellent farming leadership.
- New dates for the north China Mesolithic. Elston, Robert G.; Cheng, Xu; Madsen, David B.; Zhong Kan; Bettinger, Robert L.; Li Jingzen; Brantingham, Paul J.; Wang Huiming; Yu Jun // Antiquity;Dec97, Vol. 71 Issue 274, p985
Examines the adaptive changes leading from late Palaeolithic hunting and gathering to Neolithic agriculture, with focus on the development of agriculture in China. Clarification of an unusual regional sequence; Impact that environmental change has on society; Background information on...
- LAND, DEBT, SEEDS OF WRATH...The new peasants' revolt. // UNESCO Courier;Jan2001, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p16
Introduces several articles relating to the actions taken in various countries to counteract the effects of globalization in the agricultural sector.
- Global warming--if only it were true. Koch, George // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;4/15/96, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p35
Discusses a Canadian study which asserts that global warming would benefit agriculture in the prairie provinces. Focus on agriculture in Alberta; The study by Agriculture Canada's Lethbridge Research Centre and the University of Lethbridge; Assertion by skeptics that this good news is as...
- Hit RTK precision with no base station. Vincent, Jennifer // American Agriculturist (0161-8237);Oct2011, Vol. 208 Issue 10, p16
The article presents information on the use of global positioning system in agricultural farming. INSETS: Key Points;What to consider.
- Predicting the future: hits and misses. Robinson, Elton // Western Farm Press;1/5/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p4
The article focuses on a report predicting the conditions of agriculture in the U.S. by the year 2015 being published by Advisory Committee on Biotechnology and 21st Century Agriculture of the U.S. Department of Agriculture with various topics including global warming, obesity and technology.