Fresh ideas for organic drive
- New directory on organic matters. // Food Manufacture;Aug2002, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p58
Reports the publication of 'Organic Directory 2002â€”2003' by Soil Association. Information on organic food for consumers; Contents of the directory.
- Digging the dirt. Coghlan, Andy // New Scientist;8/11/2001, Vol. 171 Issue 2303, p15
Reports on the finding of Great Britain's Soil Association that organic food contains more trace minerals and vitamin C than conventional food. Reaction of Great Britain's Food Standards Agency to the finding; Comments from nutritionist Shane Heaton, author of the report.
- Celebrating the organic life. Baldwin, R. // Country Journal;Sep/Oct91, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p36
Reports on the 3,000-member Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association (MOFGA) organized in 1972, the largest such state organization in the United States. Organized the annual Common Ground Country Fair in 1976, a three-day celebration of education, fun and food attended by over 57,000 in...
- Coffee now being served. // Food Manufacture;Sep2002, Vol. 77 Issue 9, p12
Reports the sale of organic whole coffee beans at Starbucks Coffee grown in Mexico and certified by the Soil Association in Great Britain.
- Maine report. // Natural Life;Sep/Oct96, Issue 51, p19
Announces the Common Ground County Fair sponsored by the Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association to be held from September 22 to 24 at the Windsor Fairgrounds. Contact information.
- MyCCOF Certification and Supplier Management Improvements. // Certified Organic;Winter2014, p37
The article offers information on improvements to the My CCOF Certification and Supplier Management of the California Certified Organic Farmers (CCOF) as of January 1, 2014.
- Soil Association fights competition. // Food Manufacture;Apr2002, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p4
Reports the setting up of a one-stop shop for organic certification and safety inspection for manufacturers by the Soil Association in Great Britain. Effort of controlling competition in the organic certification business; Provision of additional inspection service; Coverage of the British...
- 15 great ways to spend your summer vacation. // Yankee;Jun2001, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p53
S\uggests summer vacations in various parts of the United States. Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association's apprenticeship programs; Internships at the Norlands Living History Center in Livermore, Maine; Mount Washington Hotel at Bretton Woods, New Hampshire.
- Nuturing support for an organic future. McCawley, Ian // Marketing Week;6/21/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p22
Reports that the Great Britain-based organic food industry organization Soil Association has launched a marketing campaign as of June 21, 2001. Highlights of the marketing campaign designed to expand the group's membership.