Taking design to a new dimension
- Feature Recognition System for Rotational Features. Tan, C. F.; Ismail, N.; Ranjit, S. S. S.; Kher, V. K. // Journal of Applied Sciences;1/15/2013, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p326
This study presents the development of a knowledge-based features recognition system for mechanical parts. The main aim of the research was to concentrate on recognition of rotational features, namely, blind hole, through hole and slanting hole to be used in automatic process planning system....
- In the beginning... Greaves, Sharon // Marketing Event;Oct2001, p31
Presents the history of modular display systems used by the exhibition industry in Great Britain. Modular system designers; Exhibition designs; Description of display systems. INSET: Opinion.
- Some Assembly Required. Gonchar, Joann // Architectural Record;Sep2008, Vol. 196 Issue 9, p138
This article discusses the development of prototypes of prefabricated housing for the New York City Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) exhibition "Home Delivery: Fabricating the modern Dwelling." Houses designed by the architectural firm KieranTimberlake Associates, architecture professor Larry Sass,...
- Systematic Design of Individualized Customization of Home Textiles Based on Web. Huaping Gong; Yushan Bai; Yan Li // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 571-572, p1144
Aiming at poor interactivity, low customers1 participation-difficult operation in System of Individualized Customization of Home Textiles, this paper is committed to a customer-oriented system by following the trend of collaborative design between clients and enterprises. This system provides...
- Modular Homes Include Energy Saving Systems. Marshutz, Scott // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Jul2002, Vol. 82 Issue 7, p98
Focuses on the energy saving system design of a modular homes by design-build group M Designs in Los Angeles, California. Outline design of the three-story structures; Application of the passive solar system; Implementation of the photovoltaic system in the design project.
- Modular vs. Integrated Wireless Design--Approaches for Wireless-enabled Device Architecture. Chen, Paul // Wireless Design & Development;Aug2003, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p20
Presents a comparative analysis of modular and integrated wireless design. Benefits of wireless-enabled device architecture; Application of modular approach in dual-function architecture; Reasons for which the modular approach is gaining popularity.
- MITIGATING SUPPLIER INTEGRATION'S CHALLENGES IN NPD: THE ROLE OF MODULAR DESIGN COMPETENCE. // Academy of Management Annual Meeting Proceedings;2011, p1
The article presents a study which investigated the role of modular design competence when mitigating the challenges faced by supplier integration concerning new product development (NPD). The researchers used secondary data which were analyzed in the third round of the High Performance...
- Modular redundant switch. // Manufacturers' Monthly;Aug2005, p48
Features the EtherDevice Switch EDS-726, a modular redundant switch from Moxa. Industrial applications; Relevant features; Engineering design.
- All things Autodesk. R.M. // Computer-Aided Engineering;Dec97, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p16
Focuses on Autodesk Design World show held on October 4-8, 1997 in Los Angeles, California. Total number of attendees; Speakers; New products exhibited.