- How to PR your development group. Mraz, Stephen J. // Machine Design;10/08/98, Vol. 70 Issue 18, p136
Gives advice on marketing design projects and design teams. Important quality of a champion; Ways to influence the powers; Information on the message when marketing design project or teams.
- Look Ma, No Hard Copy. // NZ Marketing Magazine;Dec2002, Vol. 21 Issue 11, Special section p15
Deals with the digitalization of the design-to-print process in marketing. Concept behind the digitalization of the design-to-print process; Advantages offered by the technology; Examples of businesses that can benefit from the innovation.
- Inventors don't always make great marketers. Little, Gary // Design Week;7/4/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p15
Gives advice to design consultancies on how to market a product created by their designers. Factors involved in product marketing; Suggestion for designers about his or her role; Importance of stimulation to creative people; Questions that need to be considered in the presence of an idea for a...
- You can't beat marketing basics. // Point of Beginning;Jun/Jul95, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p87
Presents marketing specialist Joyne Coyne's description of the marketing techniques of design firms in the United States. Includes work with repeat client; Efforts to attract new clients; Attitudes of clients towards changing firms.
- Detroit Fashion Collective's new fashion hub. Steele, Jazmine // Michigan Citizen;9/11/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 44, pA8
The article reports that the Detroit Fashion Collective (DFC) will open two locations in Detroit, Michigan, in which one will offer classes while the other will provide manufacturing access for local fashion designers.
- MARKETING SUSTAINABLE DESIGN SERVICES. Yudelson, Jerry // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Oct2000, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p13
Focuses on opportunities for marketing sustainable design services. Benefits of such marketing efforts to architects, engineers and contractors; Elements of sustainability; Description of code building; Tips for engineers, architects and contractors in building their practice. INSETS:...
- Reports show industry is divided but optimistic. Balmond, Sarah // Design Week;9/22/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p7
Comments on the expected success of the design industry in Great Britain. Financial performance of the industry; Increase in competition within and outside the country; Details of the product developments and marketing strategy.
- Millini jams with Frank Cooper. // Design Week;10/2/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 40, p6
Reports on the packaging design created by consultant, Millini for Frank Cooper's range of fruit conserves and jam. Concept of the packaging; Marketing strategy for the product; Description of the brand and the packaging.
- We're worth more than this. Preddy, Shan // Design Week;9/24/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p17
In this article the author discusses free-pitching which is practiced in the design industry in Great Britain. The author argues that the pitch debate remains in the country because of the recession in 2009. She states that design consultancies complain; however, they continue to tolerate such...