- Advanstar looks at takeover bids. Roberts, Lauretta // Marketing Event;Jun2000, p6
Reports that the international exhibition organizer Advanstar is considering a trade sale after receiving a number of unsolicited offers. Comments from Advanstar European managing director Neil Jones; Growth and progress of Advanstar; Requirements of the company for a possible buyer.
- IFFE Dates Changed to April. Caplan, David Grant // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/9/2001, Vol. 181 Issue 6, p15
Reports on the decision of Magic International to reschedule the International Fashion Fabric Exhibition in Manhattan, New York. Reason behind the decision to change the dates of the event.
- Buy This Show. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Oct2000, Vol. 101 Issue 10, p119
Reports on the acquisition of the Brand Licensing London, a trade show being held in Great Britain on the month of October, by the Advanstar Communications Inc.
- Advanstar buys European trade show. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;3/1/99, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p67
Announces Advanstar Communications Inc.'s purchase of Digital Media World, a European trade show and conference, from Virtual Reality Centre. Digital media events lined up.
- Advanstar selling off consumer trade shows. Harrison, Kimberly P. // Crain's Cleveland Business;9/12/94, Vol. 15 Issue 37, p2
Reports that Advanstar Communications Inc. is focusing more on business-to-business shows after it failed to delve into consumer trade shows. Strategic planning in Advanstar Expositions; Advanstar's filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in 1991; Closure of Advanstar's Toronto office;...
- Designer Comebacks Set for Coterie. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/17/2015, p18
The article offers information on the UBM Advanstar's Coterie trade show held at Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City from September 19-21, 2015.
- Advanstar to buy Larkin Group. // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Aug99, Vol. 84 Issue 8, p18
Cites Advanstar Communications' agreement to buy the Larkin Group. Larkin Group's magazine `Accent' and trade shows to be aligned with Advanstar's MAGIC International apparel shows; Description of Larkin's exhibitions.
- WWDMAGIC Spreads Out, Spins Web. Ellis, Kristi // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/19/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 11, Trade Shows U.S.A. p14
Reports on the holding of MAGIC International's WWDMAGIC women's wear show in Las Vegas, Nevada, from August 28-31, 2000. Four simultaneous events that make up the MAGIC complex of trade shows held in February 2000; Total number of exhibitors; Dot-com companies participating in the event.
- ShowBiz Expo East turns pro under new owners. Toumarkine, Doris // Hollywood Reporter;1/9/95, Vol. 335 Issue 26, p8
Reports on changes implemented by new owners Advanstar on the fourth annual Showbiz Expo East. Crowd attendees; Exhibitor approval of the convention's layout and physical set-up; Market research project for feedbacks from both attendees and exhibitors.