Show fall victim to US terror strike
- Bearing Witness to September 11. Dawson, Victoria // Smithsonian;Sep2002, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p25
Focuses on the exhibition 'September 11: Bearing Witness to History,' at the National Museum of American History in Washington, D.C. Contents of the exhibition, including items found at the site of the September 11 terrorist attacks; Significance of the items, which include photographs taken by...
- Attacks cast pall over N+I show. // Network World;9/17/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p1
Reports on the effects of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the United States on the 2001 NetWorld+Interop Computer Trade Show in Atlanta, Georgia. Keynote addresses cancelled; Communications companies that left the exhibit; Changes in exhibitors' plans due to dwindling traffic. ...
- World events drive Islamic art surge. Souccar, Miriam Kreinin // Crain's New York Business;4/4/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p3
This article reports that the day when the Queens Museum of Art opened "Disappeared in America," a multimedia exhibit about the experience of Muslims since September 11, 2001, a record 2,400 visitors turned out. The exhibit, which is part of a larger presentation on South Asian and Indian art,...
- SURVEILLING UTOPIA 2 MULTI MEDIA INSTALLATIONS BY ANN
STODDARD. Laurant, Cédric // Afterimage;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p9
Focuses on the multimedia installation "Surveilling Utopia 2" by Ann Stoddard, which deals with the use of the surveillance power of the U.S. government under the Patriot Act. Background on the use of live-delayed images of video surveillance cameras in recording visitors in the exhibition;...
- 'Here is New York' Exhibit Chronicles Sept. 11 Attacks. Rodrigues, Tanya // San Diego Business Journal;9/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p39
Highlights the photograph exhibitions on the September 11 terrorist attacks in San Diego, California. Acceptance of donations; Requirement for the show; Generation of funds.
- TERRORIST ATTACKS HURT HONG KONG FAIR. // JCK;Dec2001, Vol. 172 Issue 12, p98
Reports the effect of the September 11 terrorist attacks on the jewelry fair held in Hong Kong, China. Disappointment of the delegates on the fall down of the jewelry industries; Absence of the American attendees in the fair; Trend in the jewelry market.
- 9-11 News in BRIEFS. // Inside Tucson Business;9/9/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 24, p12B
Reports several projects and activities for the September 11 terrorist attacks anniversary celebration in Tucson, Arizona. Construction of a miniature of the 'Wall of Remembrance' at the Kino Veterans Memorial; Presentation of the 'Expressions of Remembrance' public exhibit; Creation of a video...
- 9/11 and After. // Photo District News;Sep2011, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p26
The article offers information on the storefront exhibition "Here Is New York" that opened in downtown Manhattan, New York City, in response to the outpouring of photographs taken in the aftermath of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
- Show Features Variety of Images Connected to WTC Tragedy. // Art Business News;Sep2002, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p34
Reports on the art exhibit 'A Democracy of Photographs' featuring images connected to the September 11, 2001, World Trade tragedy.