UK universities club together for charity event
- Grant funds develop student service program. // T H E Journal;Jan94, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p24
Reports on the Council of Independent Colleges' (CIC) project to develop service learning programs for college students. Phases of the project.
- Enriched Support Access to University. Forcese, Dennis // Education Canada;Spring2002, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p34
Focuses on the establishment of the Enriched Support Program (ESP) in Canada. Focus on students denied of university degree program admission; Options available for ESP students; Development of ESP students in comprehension, writing and numeracy skills.
- SUNY Ulster: Your springboard to a New or Strengthened Career. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;12/22/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 50, p16
The article focuses on State University of New York (SUNY) Ulster in New York, which offers various courses and services for adult students.
- Huston-Tillotson University made the difference. // United Methodist Reporter;5/25/2012, Vol. 159 Issue 44, following p4B
The article reports that Huston-Tillotson University in Austin, Texas has helped students transitioning from postsecondary institutions, which include a basketball scholarships given to student Margarita Gonzalez.
- Kent State plans to keep fund-raising ball rolling. Robinson, Ruthann // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/26/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 34, p6
Reports on the teleconference meeting of the Kent State University Foundation's strategic planning committee in Ohio. Formulation of a plan for a fund raising campaign; Sources of funds for the education programs; Increase in college enrollment from the marketing effort in conjunction with the...
- Anderson University reaches $75 million. // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/04/99, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p59
Reports that Anderson University in Indiana met its fund raising goal in 1999.
- Historical perspectives on the development of academic fund raising. Miller, Michael T. // Journal of Instructional Psychology;Sep93, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p237
Attempts to place into a historical context the trends and events of the profession and techniques involved in academic fund raising. Review of both professional and scholarly literature; Identification of chronological eras; History of fund raising; Formative years; Technological innovations.
- Applied tech college raises $1 mil. for entrepreneurial center. Rattle, Barbara // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;2/23/2004, Vol. 33 Issue 35, p3
Reports on the amount of money raised by the Davis Applied Technology College (DATC) in Kaysville, Utah as of February 2004, to construct an entrepreneurial center. Function of the proposed center, according to DATC; Background of DATC.
- Tips For Fundraising Success: Engaging Your President, Board And Others. // Tennessee Tribune;5/5/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p14A
The article offers tips on how to succeed in fundraising including the involvement of staff, faculty and students, the conduct of briefing sessions, and the solicitation of appeals.