Sony's Mice in upbeat mood
- Aiwa eyeing CD-R, MP3-type formats. Palenchar // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;09/06/99, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p32
Focuses on developments related to consumer electronics firm Aiwa as of September 6, 1999. Company's plan to release CD-recorders; Company's efforts to protect its share of the video equipment industry.
- More video is planned for 2000. Palenchar // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;09/06/99, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p32
Reports on consumer electronics firm Aiwa's plan to expand its video equipment business in the year 2000. Video equipment to be released by the company.
- Aiwa wants more audio, video share. Palenchar; Tarr, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;01/06/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p12
Focuses on consumer electronics firm Aiwa's plan to increase its share of the television, video and audio market. Annual worldwide sales; Expansion of its television and video line; Proposal to build digital video disc players into three shelf systems.
- Picture Quality, Value Put Sony PTV On Top. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;7/21/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p24
Cites findings of NPD market research on the U.S. household electronics industry according to which Sony's KP51WS500 is the top-selling rear-projection television in the 2002-03 model year. Key features of the model; Top ten projection television by sales; Improvements made by Sony in...
- Sony reports 2nd-qtr., 1st-half profits. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/01/99, Vol. 14 Issue 25, p4
Reports on Sony's profits for the second quarter and first half of 1999. Total sales; Net operating income; Performance in various sectors of the consumer electronics market.
- Sony Delays DTV Lineup. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;06/12/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p1
Highlights the reasons for Sony's decision to delay the shipment of its previously announced line of fully integrated digital television sets in 2000. Problems with chipset integration; Incomplete standard for digital copy-protection encryption.
- Sony Posts Major Sales, Profit Gains. Malester, Jeff // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;06/12/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p41
Highlights the strong financial results posted by consumer electronic manufacturer Sony Corp. during the fiscal year ended March 31, 2000. Operation income; Sales growth; Reasons for the improved profitability; Total corporate sales.
- Sony Sales, Profits Climb In Fiscal Q2. Malester, Jeff // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/06/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p4
Reports the sales and profit performance of the consumer electronics business segment of Sony Corp. in Japan as of November 2000. Impact of translated financial results and yen appreciation on sales and income performance; Percentage change of television, video and audio sales; Efforts to roll...
- Sony brings its vision to life. // Event;May2007, p5
The article highlights the Media Experience event of Sony which was held in Rhodes, Greece from March 27 to 29, 2007. Sony Media Experience (SME) 2007 took place at the Sofitel Capsis Rhodes Hotel and Convention Centre and shared the vision of the Sony Consumer Electronics Europe division. Each...