- W.H. Smith Gives Book Fair Something To Buzz About. // Book Publishing Report;3/17/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p4
Reports on the announcement of book publisher W.H. Smith (WHS) that it had teamed up with private equity firm Cinven Ltd. to bid on the AOL-Time Warner Book Group. Implication of the merger on WHS ; Plan of Hodder Headline Trade Publishing, a books division of WHS to distribute books in the U.S.
- LIVE ISSUE/MAGAZINE DISTRIBUTION. Watts, Jenny // Campaign;09/01/2000, Issue 35, p23
Reports on supermarket giant Tesco's decision to reconsider proposals making WH Smith its sole supplier of magazines. Impact of the decision on the Periodical Publishers Association; Potential ramifications for advertisers.
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;2/11/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p7
Presents news items related to publishers as of February 11, 2001. Plan of W.H. Smith Ltd. to bypass the returns authorization process; Change of position of Judith Elliott at Orion Children's Books; Appointment of three managers to Hodder & Stroughton's sales and marketing departments.
- WH Smith--A Year of Change Ahead. Doran, Amanda-Jane // Publishers Weekly;5/14/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 20, p22
Provides information on the management and financial condition of WH Smith, an international retail publishing group based in Great Britain, for a fiscal year that ended in April 2001. Disputes within the magazine and newspaper distribution division of the company; Sales performance of the...
- Can WH Smith shed its jack of all trades tag? Solley, Sam // Marketing (00253650);10/2/2003, p13
Once popular in the Great Britain book trade, publisher WH Smith Inc. is facing adverse business cycles in recent years, the victim of competition from supermarkets and specialist retailers. Like-for-like sales declined by 4%, book sales were down by 3%, news and express were down by 2% and...
- INTERNAL COACHING. Miller, Jason // Coaching at Work;May/Jun2013, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p29
The article describes the case of Random House Group, a major book publishing company in England, which set-up an internal coaching pool. Random House is at a forefront of a huge change in the publishing environment which is fast changing by the advent of online and digital. The publishing house...
- Publisher aims for 'greener' paper. Bradley, Anusha // Supply Management;7/21/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 15, p10
Reports that the Random House Group Ltd. is urging its paper suppliers to find sources that meet stricter environmental standards in July 2005. Publishing company's preference for Forest Stewardship Council-certified paper products; Background on the certification which bars supplies from...
- Waiting for Godoff. Kolker, Robert // New York;03/26/2001, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p66
Profiles Random House Publishing company president Ann Godoff. Books published under the direction of Godoff; Family background; Education and career; Accomplishments; Her reputation to peers.
- Random House Integrates U.K. Operations. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;6/21/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 25, p10
Reports the formation of Random House Group Ltd. in Great Britain. Executives appointed to lead the company; Comments from Peter Olson, chairman of Random House Inc.; Countries included in the publishing operations of the company.