IN THE LOOP
- G.P. Putnam To Publish More Nonfiction As Held Takes Reins. // Book Publishing Report;4/4/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p1
Reports that G.P. Putnam's Sons Publishers company planned to publish more nonfiction in 2005 in the U.S. Appointment of Ivan Held as president of the imprint; Reason for the publication of more nonfiction; Number of nonfiction bestsellers.
- CORRESPONDENCE. Gilmore, Albert F.; Miller, E.C.L.; Stanley, Charles E.; Goldman, Mayer C.; Post, Louis F.; Pao-Tien Hsieh // New Republic;6/22/21, Vol. 27 Issue 342, p114
Presents a letter to the editor commenting on criticisms regarding G.P. Putnam's Sons for withdrawal of the article by Riley on the Christian Science text book from the fourth volume of the "Cambridge History of American Literature".
- Putnam books Held as publisher's prexy. Mohr, Ian // Daily Variety;3/30/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 65, p14
Reports on the appointment of Ivan Held as president of G.P. Putnam's Sons Publishers in the U.S. Responsibility of Held to oversee the imprint and scout for promising talent to add to Putnam's stable of fiction and nonfiction authors; Focus of the executive on expanding the direction of the...
- NEWSWORTHY. // Library Journal;9/1/2015, Vol. 140 Issue 14, p85
This section offers news briefs on the book publishing sector as September 2015 including the four-book deal signed by author Steve Hamilton with publisher Putnam and information on a crime fiction blog, located at www.avidmysteryreader.com.
- Baron to Head Putnam. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/12/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 46, p9
Reports on the appointment of Carole Baron as president of the publishing company G.P. Putnam's Sons in November 2001. Position held by Baron at Dell/Delacorte; Top priority of Baron for the company.
- Staff shakeup at CBA. Anderson, Scott // Quill & Quire;Oct97, Vol. 63 Issue 10, p8
Reports on the Canadian Booksellers Association's (CBA) replacement of its staff members. Names of employees leaving the association; Reshuffling of the employees in key positions; Reasons for the high turnover; Plans of the association; Changes in membership rules.
- Staying Steady and Taking Stock. Kinsella, Bridget // Publishers Weekly;9/30/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 39, p22
Focuses on the effort of the Pacific Northwest Booksellers Association (PNBA) to address the need of publishers for more orders from booksellers. Number of booksellers who attended the 2002 PNBA show in Portland, Oregon; Number of copies of the holiday catalogue to be shipped by PNBA.
- Putnam Uses New Technology to Market an Old Favorite. // Book Publishing Report;1/26/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p1
Reports that the G.P. Putnam's Sons Publishers imprint of Penguin Group has acquired the final four novels in Stephen R. Donaldson's "The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant" series. Publication of the initial six books in Donaldson's series between 1977 and 1983; Integral role that the Internet will...
- 'Size' matters to Putnam's. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;5/24/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 35, p4
Reports on G.P. Putnam's Sons' deal with director Morgan Spurlock to write a book based on the documentary "Super Size Me". Target publication date for the book; Comments of Putnam's Sons vice president Jennifer Hershey on capabilities of Spurlock; Release of the documentary through Samuel...