Fail Proof Recipe For Success: Take Food, Add Oprah
- Book reviews: Science & technology. Miller, Wendy; Hoffert, Barbara // Library Journal;10/15/1997, Vol. 122 Issue 17, p84
Reviews the book `The Joy of Cooking,' by Irma Rombauer and others.
- Forecasts: Lifestyle. Brainard, Dulcy; Zaleski, Jeff // Publishers Weekly;9/15/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 38, p71
Reviews the book `Joy of Cooking,' by Irma Rombauer, Marion Rombauer Becker, and Ethan Becker.
- Adult books: Nonfiction. Knoblauch, Mark // Booklist;10/15/97, Vol. 94 Issue 4, p374
Reviews the book, `Joy of Cooking,' by Irma Rombauer and others.
- Trout eating in America. Welp, Mary // Louisville Magazine;Jul99, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p83
Presents trout recipes from the cookbook `The Joy of Cooking.' Ingredients; Method of preparation; Nutrition value.
- Irma Rombauer The Joy of Cooking. Finn, Molly // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Mar2000, Issue 101, p44
Reviews the book `The Joy of Cooking,' by Irma Rombauer.
- No more simmered porcupine. D.F. // U.S. News & World Report;05/19/97, Vol. 122 Issue 19, p10
Reports on the efforts of Ethan Becker to update in 1997 `The Joy of Cooking,' originally written in 1931 by his grandmother Irma Rombauer. The book's status as the bestselling all-purpose cookbook ever; The last time it was updated; The type of entries that will be dropped and added.
- Finding new joy in cooking. R.D. // Publishers Weekly;7/14/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 28, p48
Reports on the revisions made to `The Joy of Cooking,' by Irma S. Rombauer. History of the book; Details of the revisions made; Reactions from consumers to the revised copy; Additional recipes added.
- Missouriana. MOFFITT, KELLY; JIAXI LU // Missouri Life;Dec2012/Jan2013, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p110
The article offers informationon Christmas holidays, "Joy of Cooking," by Irma Rombauer, and the Festival of Nations in the U.S.
- The new culinary bible. Sachs, Andrea // Self;Nov97, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p101
Reviews the 1997 edition of the book `Joy of Cooking,' by Irma S. Rombauer, Marion Rombauer Becker, and Ethan Becker. INSET: Hot tamales..
- Two tomes set the tone for US dinner bells. Mallett, Evan F. // Christian Science Monitor;12/4/97, Vol. 90 Issue 7, p15
Reviews the reissue of two classic United States cookbooks. `Joy of Cooking,' by Irma S. Rombauer, Marion Rombauer Becker and Ethan Becker Scribner and revised by Maria Guarnaschelli. `The New Making of a Cook,' by Madeleine Kamman.