Sending out an OSS
- Getting a Seat at the Next-Generation Winners' Table. Adams, Elizabeth // America's Network;12/01/99, Vol. 103 Issue 18, pS-4
Presents information on the effort by the Telemanagement Forum that could improve the operations support system strategy of telecommunication carriers. Steps involved in the effort; Remarks from Andre Hughes, global managing partner of network transformation at Andersen Consulting; Main tenet...
- A Catalyst for Change. // America's Network;12/01/99, Vol. 103 Issue 18, pS-5
Discusses the Catalyst Projects developed by the Telemanagement Forum. Connection and service management; Service quality management for multimedia wireless systems; Internet Protocol (IP) service management.
- Sunrise, sunset. McElligott, Tim // Telephony;08/07/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 6, p68
Looks at the impact of the cutover to Version 22 of the Access Service Ordering Guidelines (ASOG) on telecommunications providers. Start and end dates of the ASOG 22 conversion; Effect on interconnection gateway providers; Number of changes required by ASOG 22 defined by the Ordering and...
- Chiefs discuss wireless. // Crain's New York Business;03/26/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p12
Previews the breakfast forum of Crain's New York Business Digital Newsmakers in New York, New York. Participation of executives from media companies; Speakers and topics of the networking breakfast; Cost of registration.
- EDGE Operators Forum launches with strong focus on Americas. Wendelken, Sandra // RCR Wireless News;3/25/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p18
Deals with the launching of the EDGE Operators Forum, an organization of telecommunication operators and vendors aimed at promoting the EDGE technology, in March 2002. Description of its dual-band EDGE services offering; Plans of the forum to release EDGE handsets and infrastructure; Members of...
- Service providers grasp global reach. Humphry, Sara // PC Week;12/16/96, Vol. 13 Issue 50, pN27
Discusses the possibility of global interconnectivity. The demonstration of interconnectivity of any user of Novell Inc.'s Novell Directory Services or Lotus Development Corp.'s Lotus Notes Public Network; Interoperability specifications from the Multimedia Services Affiliate Forum (MSAF); The...
- Helping the world communicate. // Wireless Asia;10/15/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p37
Features forums and roundtable discussions at the ITU Telecom World 2003. Headline topic of the forum opening session; Keynote speakers; Theme of the industry roundtable.
- Spotlight on youth. // Wireless Asia;10/15/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p37
Features the Youth Forum at the ITU Telecom World 2003 event. Goals of the forum; Main sessions of the forum; Workshop on designing a business plan.
- Progress makes perfect? O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;11/24/97, Vol. 233 Issue 21, p47
Looks into the progress of the Network Management Forum's Common Operations Support System (OSS) Interconnection Gateway Platform (CIGP) project. Need for a working CIGP model; Technical evaluation of the CIGP and the participants in the project; Lack of interest and involvement in the CIGP...