Sports leagues playing the pay-per-view game
- INDIA. // Daily Variety;9/5/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the engagement of Sony Entertainment Television into pay television service in India.
- HBO expanding in central Europe. Guider, Elizabeth // Variety;01/05/98, Vol. 369 Issue 8, p50
Announces Home Box Office's (HBO) launching of a pay movie channel to cable subscribers in Romania beginning January 1998.
- This Just In. // Multichannel News;07/31/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p2
Reports on developments related to the subscription television industry in the United States as of July 31, 2000. Bankruptcy proceedings of cable television network America's Voice.
- Study: TV Guide Viewers Order More PPV Titles. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;12/10/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p12
Reports the number of reservation of pay-per-view (PPV) titles by digital-cable subscribers with access to TV Guide Channel in the United States. Benefits of programming designed for market PPV titles on PPV buys; Details on the analysis of PPV buys; Convenience of impulse PPV ordering and TV...
- PPV uptake in Italy continues to grow. Vivarelli, Nick // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;03/07/2000, Vol. 362 Issue 4, p99
Reports on the growth of the pay-per-view (PPV) television in Italy. Total subscribers to dominant Italian pay television operator Telepiu's digital service who linked up with its PPV service; Top movies being requested on Telepiu; User rate of rival upstart service, Stream.
- Pay cablers duke it out. Edmunds, Marlene // Variety;10/31/94, Vol. 357 Issue 1, p66
Reports that Scandinavia's TV1000 and FilmNet pay television operators are doing brisk business in the Netherlands. Number of FilmNet subscribers; Scandinavian commercial and public television's campaign to capture free television audiences; FilmNet's deal with Hollywood companies.
- More subs for IFC. J.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/29/96, Vol. 126 Issue 19, p90
Reports that Independent Film Channel has increased its subscription by signing agreement with Cox Communications to carry IFC programs from July 1, 1996. Value of deal; Inclusion of `Animation Celebration: The Best of the International Tournee of Animation' in IFC's programming; Hosting of...
- Pay TV cease-fire in sight. Edmunds, Marlene // Variety;10/14/96, Vol. 364 Issue 11, p52
Reports on developments related to pay TV in Scandinavia as of October 14, 1996. Region-based pay TV channels TV1000 and FilmNet's efforts to establish a joint venture; Background on the channels' business operations.
- HBO IS CABLE OPERATORS' FAVE IN ASIA. Nag, Ashoke // Variety;2/4/2002, Vol. 385 Issue 11, p31
Reports on the dominance of pay television channel Home Box Office in Asia. Competitors of Home Box Office.