2010 - Early use of transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunts improved outcomes in patients with cirrhosis and variceal bleeding
- Mejoras basadas en evidencias en anastomosis intestinales electivas en niÃ±os. Dávila-Pérez, Roberto; Bracho-Blanchet, Eduardo; Fernández-Portilla, Emilio; Tovilla-Mercado, José Manuel; Zalles-Vidal, Cristian Rubén; Nieto-Zermeño, Jaime // Cirugia y Cirujanos;nov/dic2013, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p548
Background: Before the year 1993, the gold standard treatment in elective bowel anastomosis were two layer anastomosis, use of nasogastric tube for draining and the start of the oral intake after the 5th day. These were controversial topics, so we designed several clinical trials to resolve...
- NovaShunt initiates PIONEER study of AFS. // Biomedical Business & Technology;Mar2010, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p15
The article reports on the launching of PIONEER, a perspective, open label, non-randomized study, by NovaShunt to investigate the safety and performance of the Automated Fluid Shunt (AFS) in patients with ascites and diuretic resistance.
- NovaShunt initiates PIONEER study of AFS. // Medical Device Daily;2/12/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 29, p6
The article reports that NovaShut has started PIONEER, a multicenter clinical study to evaluate the safety and performance of the Automated Fluid Shunt (AFS) in patients suffering from ascites and diuretic resistance.
- News Update. // Applied Clinical Trials;Jul2002, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p22
Presents news items on developments in applied clinical trials in the U.S. as of July 2002. Enforcement and improvement of Food and Drug Administration's Pediatric Rule; Discontinuance of clinical development of product for treatment of moderate-to-severe psoriasis; Approval for vaccines and...
- Business News. // Applied Clinical Trials;Jul2002, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p67
Presents news items on developments in applied clinical trials as of July 2002. Newsletter on regulations, compliance and guidance activity; Research service measuring consumer purchases and use of prescription and over-the-counter medicines; Collaboration agreement to search for therapeutic...
- Why do we need randomised controlled trials to assess... Stephenson, Judith; Imrie, John // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);02/21/98, Vol. 316 Issue 7131, p611
Considers the merits and limitations of randomized controlled trials in the behavioral area compared with clinical medicine. How these trials can be applied successfully to assess behavioral interventions; Merits and limitations of randomized controlled trials; Forms of randomized controlled...
- What You Need to Know Before Becoming A Human Subject in a Clinical Trial. // Health Letter;Mar2013, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p1
The article focuses on the things that patients and individuals should know before participating in a clinical trial, which include the difference between clinical care and a clinical trial.
- eClinical news. // Applied Clinical Trials;Sep2010, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p8
The article previews "eClinical News" that offers new products related to the clinical trials industry.
- Controlled trials: The 1948 watershed. Doll, Richard // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/31/98, Vol. 317 Issue 7167, p1217
Looks at the introduction of clinical trials method in 1948 which has played a major part in the progress of clinical medicine in the last half century. Use of concurrent controls; Introduction of randomization; Ethical considerations.