Tax Reform Proposals Need Reforming
- Tax reform: Where are we now? EVERSON, MARK W. // Accounting Today;Mar2013, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p8
The author examines the prospects for tax reform in the U.S. He asserts that the issue on tax had been the center of the 2012 Republican presidential nomination. He reports that while some nominees advocated fundamental reform, others argued the need for adding consumption tax. On other note, he...
- Primary is battle of tax plans. Swanson, Ian // Hill;10/27/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 148, p1
The article presents the author's insights on how tax policy affects the presidential fight in the U.S. in terms of changing the tax codes and in handling tax reforms in the U.S. Congress.
- Tax Reform Up Next. Miller, Matt // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/23/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 25, p21
The article offers information on the tax reform, cap and trade in the U.S. in 2008. It is stated that tax reform for capital markets and carbon emissions are some of the hottest topics that Democratic Congees are buzzing. It is averred that Congress has passed at least one tax bill yearly since...
- Progress On Tax Reform. // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;Oct2003, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p1
Focuses on the significance of the first round of congressional vote that passed the tax reform bill in Brazil in September 2003. Main element of the reform; Political significance of its passage; Outlook for the monetary environment in the country.
- PICPA Government Relations 2002 Review. // Pennsylvania CPA Journal;Spring2003, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p34
Focuses on the introduction of legislation regulating local tax during the 2001-2002 session of the Pennsylvania General Assembly. Provisions of the House Bill 1700; Establishment of a Special Advisory committee on Pension Protection and Investment Fraud; Creation of legislation regulating...
- Key issues all entangled as Legislature heads to wire. Feigenbaum, Ed // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/23/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p14
The article addresses the issue of the property tax reform bill proposed in Indiana. According to the author, the revenue from the licensing fees is critical to the success of the property tax reform bill. The author also analyzes the conflict between the House and the Senate in terms of the...
- India tables 'biggest tax reform' since independence. // Eastern Eye;1/2/2015, Issue 1283, p16
The article focuses on the goods-and-services tax (GST), a legislation introduced by the government of India on December 19, 2014 which was considered as the biggest tax reform since the country's independence.
- What the Democrats must do to win the White House. Emanuel, Rahm // Crain's Chicago Business;3/22/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p9
This article provides suggestions for members of the U.S. Democratic Party to win this presidential elections. To win the elections, Democrats need to do more than criticize. To govern is to choose. Leadership means making the hard choices, and Democrats must provide concrete ideas for a future...
- EDITORIAL : Tax reformers, unite! Mitchell, Daniel J. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;1/25/2008, Issue 323816, p22
The author reflects on the importance of supporting a pro-tax reform candidate for the 2008 presidential elections in the U.S. He notes that although voters obviously have some desire for a better tax system, the American people have not yet chosen to nominate a pro-tax reform candidate. He...