Key Tax Planning Considerations for the Sale of a Residence
- Failure to offer seller's pack will not be a criminal offence. Duncan, Chris // Money Marketing;4/3/2003, p64
Reports on the British government's withdrawal of plans to impose criminal sanctions on homeowner who sell their property without a seller's pack. Civil sanctions being considered against property owners.
- YOU BE THE JUDGE. Donaldson, William // Saturday Evening Post;1/27/1951, Vol. 223 Issue 31, p102
The article focuses on a Court of Appeal decision to have the auctioneer of a house acquire his commission from the home owner who also turned out to be the highest bidder of the property in Georgia. It says that the auctioneer argued that he was entitled for the commission since he was hired to...
- CGT on development land -- apportionment for gifts or inheritance. // Accountancy;Sep83, Vol. 84 Issue 1081, p9
This paper reports that capital gain cannot be time-apportioned where a person disposes a British development land which he or she purchased before 1965, according to provisions of the Capital Gains Tax Act 1979. It has always been assumed that the same principle would apply if the taxpayer had...
- How much is your farm worth? St John, Harry // Farmers Weekly;4/14/2006, Vol. 144 Issue 15, Special Section p10
The article offers guide to valuing farms for sale in Great Britain. Vendors need to verify the exact areas and boundaries of their land ownership. Location will play an important role in the farm valuation. Hiring an accountant is important in tax planning.
- YOU BE THE JUDGE. Jones, Bruce M. // Saturday Evening Post;8/30/1952, Vol. 225 Issue 9, p60
The article discusses a case where homeowners in Arizona filed a lawsuit against the seller and demanded damages because of a leaky roof. The seller refused to pay the damages because he did not claim that the roof was in good condition. The Supreme Court ruled that the claim of the homeowners...
- EIGHTY-SEVEN QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR HOUSE. Brindel, Paul // Saturday Evening Post;2/20/1937, Vol. 209 Issue 34, p5
Focuses on essentials in buying and building a house. Need of homeowners to compute exterior and interior repairs; Estimate of the reproduction cost of houses; Problems of house builders to obtain temporary construction loans.
- CGT rule changes see rise in land for sale. Shirley, Andrew // Farmers Weekly;4/4/2008, p65
The article reports on an increase in the amount of farmland sold in Great Britain in 2008 as farmers rushed to beat changes in capital gains tax (CGT) legislation. Based on the changes, land sales after April 5, 2008 will be taxed at 18%. Property agent Savills stated that land availability in...
- Tax planning for Shopping. Riley, Jonathan // Accountancy;Mar2000, Vol. 125 Issue 1279, p90
One of those surveys which the author was reading before Christmas told that the most popular form of recreation in Great Britain is now shopping. The author is not convinced that the same result would be apparent from a survey of company directors. But it is quite clear that despite the frothy...
- LAS VEGAS HOME SALES DROP 26.5 PERCENT IN OCTOBER. Smith, Hubble // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);11/22/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 47, pP12
The article reports on the 26.5 percent decline in the volume of homes being sold in Las Vegas, Nevada in October 2010, according to data from the Greater Las Vegas Association of Realtors.