Risk of cancer in patients receiving insulin glargine
- New and Emerging Drugs and Targets for Type 2 Diabetes: Reviewing the Evidence. Miller, Brien Rex; Hanh Nguyen; Jia-Haur Hu, Charles; Chihyi Lin; Quang T. Nguyen // American Health & Drug Benefits;Nov2014, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p452
BACKGROUND: Diabetes is a deadly and costly disease. The number of adults in the United States with newly diagnosed diabetes has nearly tripled from 1980 to 2011. At the current pace, 1 in 3 US adults will have diabetes in their lifetime. Currently, 14 classes of drugs are available to treat...
- Insulin therapy in type 2 diabetes â€” update. Hill, Jill // Diabetes & Primary Care;2012, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p163
Insulin therapy is ultimately required by many people with type 2 diabetes. Unlike in type 1 diabetes, the aim of insulin therapy in people with type 2 diabetes is initially to supplement the endogenous insulin produced by pancreatic beta-cells against a background of insulin resistance. Over...
- Setting up the structured Pump Advanced Carbohydrate Education programme. Cardwell, Jan; O'Brien, Sarah; Wessels, Lara; Hardy, Kevin; Furlong, Niall // Journal of Diabetes Nursing;2011, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p274
Enabling patients to have a say in the design and delivery of local health services is a key priority in the NHS. The St Helens and Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust diabetes team aimed to set up a peer support group for people with type 1 diabetes to aid in carbohydrate counting while on...
- Choose Your Foods: Exchange Lists for Diabetes: The 2008 Revision of Exchange Lists for Meal Planning. Geil, Patti Bazel // Diabetes Spectrum;Fall2008, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p281
The article focuses on the revisions made to Exchange Lists for Meal Planning for diabetes in 2008. The Exchange Lists for Meal Planning has been designed as an education tool for diabetes nutrition, in which it assigns foods into groups that can be exchanged or traded within a group due to...
- INSULIN ADMINISTRATION. // Monthly Prescribing Reference;Mar2014, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p78
A table is presented which lists several insulin injections and drugs including the Insulin Injection Regular (R), the Insulin Lispro and the Insulin Isophane Suspension (NPH) along with their brand names, administration and mixing insulins.
- INSULINS. // Monthly Prescribing Reference;Mar2014, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p81
A table is presented which lists several insulin injections and drugs including the Insulin Injection Regular (R) from Eli Lilly & Co., the Insulin Lispro from Eli Lilly & Co. and the Insulin Glulisine from Sanofi-Aventis SA along with their brand names, route and duration.
- Insulin protocols for hospital management of diabetes. Farquhar, Andrew // Canadian Family Physician;Oct2007, Vol. 53, p1668
The article presents information on the medical protocols that are carried out to improve the management of diabetes in hospitals. The basal-bolus approach, which steers from the use of sliding scale regular insulin is discussed, along with the function of the treatment. It is mentioned that...
- Evaluation of guidelines for oral therapy in T2D. // Diabetes Digest;2012, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p78
The article discusses the research conducted to check if the guidelines on oral medications for T2D are consistent which depends on the quality of guideline development.
- Insulin Glargine 300 U/mL: A Review in Diabetes Mellitus. Blair, Hannah; Keating, Gillian // Drugs;Mar2016, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p363
Insulin glargine 300 U/mL (Toujeo) is a long-acting basal insulin analogue approved for the treatment of diabetes mellitus. Insulin glargine 300 U/mL has a more stable and prolonged pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic profile than insulin glargine 100 U/mL (Lantus), with a duration of...