Surviving and thriving in tough economic times
- Cutting-edge practice model: An integrated model within a large academic medical center. Mason, Kim Currie // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;6/15/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 12, p1112
The article offers a summary of a speech delivered by Kim Currie Mason at the Pharmacy Practice Model Summit held November 2010 in Dallas, Texas. She spoke of her experience in enhancing the level of pharmacy services at the University of Tennessee Medical Center, and mentioned the teams...
- Pharmacy practice model for academic medical centers. Bush, Paul W.; Ashby, Daniel M.; Guharoy, Roy; Knoer, Scott; Rough, Steven; Stevenson, James G.; Wiest, Michelle // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;11/1/2010, Vol. 67 Issue 21, p1856
The article features the formation of a pharmacy model task force by the University Health System Consortium (UHC) which aims to determine the pharmacy services to be provided to patients in U.S. academic medical centers (AMCs) and to analyze the role of pharmacists in providing those services....
- Transition to new automated dispensing cabinets at two tertiary care hospitals. Shu, Willis; Towne, Phil; So, Andrew // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;7/1/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 13, p1200
The article offers an overview of the automation task force created at the MemorialCare Health System to evaluate its automated dispensing cabinet (ADC) lease agreement, which was set to expire at the end of October 2009. Details related to the task force implemented at the Long Beach Memorial...
- Builders of UC Health to leave. Robeznieks, Andis; Kutscher, Beth // Modern Healthcare;8/26/2013, Vol. 43 Issue 34, p4
The article announces two resignations including Rulon Stacey from position of president and Bruce Schroffel from position of chief executive officer (CEO) at University of Colorado Health.
- Development and implementation of a pharmacist-managed clinical pharmacogenetics service. Crews, Kristine R.; Cross, Shane J.; McCormick, John N.; Baker, Donald K.; Molinelli, Alejandro R.; Mullins, Richard; Relling, Mary V.; Hoffman, James M. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;1/15/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p143
Purpose. The development and implementation of a pharmacist-managed clinical pharmacogenetics service are described. Summary. A pharmacist-managed clinical pharmacogenetics service was designed and implemented at an academic specialty hospital to provide clinical pharmacogenetic testing for gene...
- As replacement safety net hospital opens, CEO announces sheâ€™s leaving. Rubenfire, Adam // Modern Healthcare;8/31/2015, Vol. 45 Issue 35, p0007
The article announces the appointment of Greg Feirn as chief executive officer (CEO) at University Medical Center (UMC) and mentions resignation of Cindy Nuesslein who will be replaced by Feirn.
- FALLING FLAT. Carlson, Joe // Modern Healthcare;8/16/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 33, p24
The article offers information on the results of the "Modern Healthcare" 30th annual Executive Compensation Survey produced by Sullivan, Cotter and Associates. According to the survey, executive salaries at hospital and health system management showed only modest growth in 2010. Observers...
- Making a system work: Execs share the challenges, advantages and pitfalls of multihospital systems. // Modern Healthcare;6/4/2012, Vol. 42 Issue 23, p20
An excerpt from a full transcript of an April 24, 2012 editorial Webcast "Hospitals Operating Systematically," conducted by "Modern Healthcare" about the impact of system membership on clinical and financial performance of hospitals in the U.S. is presented.
- newsmakers. // Modern Healthcare;1/25/2016, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p0032
The article announces personnel changes in the healthcare industry in the U.S. as of January 25, 2016 including the appointment of Johnese Spisso as president of UCLA Health, the resignation of Kenneth McFarland as chief executive of Mission Hospital, and the retirement of Mercy Iowa City chief...