January deadline looms for DME suppliers
- Criminal? Caliendo, Dan // PN;Jul2013, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p12
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Prosthetics Perils" in the 2013 issue.
- Reports claim ICU Medical courting a potential buyer. // Medical Device Daily;5/10/2013, Vol. 17 Issue 91, p8
The article informs that San Clemente, California-based medical equipment manufacturing company ICU Medical Inc. is considering a sale, could fetch more than one billion in a takeover.
- Medicare coverage tougher for devices, but also tougher for all. McCARTY, MARK // Medical Device Daily;6/12/2013, Vol. 17 Issue 113, p1
The article focuses on the difficulties faced by device makers in obtaining Medicare coverage, citing a report published in "Health Affairs." It highlights discrepancies and restrictions in coverage requirements by the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) as observed by the...
- GAO calculation of effective corporate tax rate is 17%. McCARTY, MARK // Medical Device Daily;7/3/2013, Vol. 17 Issue 128, p1
The article focuses on a report issued by the U.S. Government Accountability Offce (GAO) which noted that the effective corporate tax rate is 17 percent. The report, which is based on taxes reported in 2010, found that the average U.S. corporate income tax rate was 17 percent, and increased to...
- A helping hand. // Journal of Perioperative Practice;Jul/Aug2015, Vol. 25 Issue 7/8, Special section p15
No abstract available.
- Med-tech IPOs are thriving with "l'exception FranÃ§aise". BROSKY, JOHN // Medical Device Daily;2/15/2013, Vol. 17 Issue 32, p1
The article reports on the French exception or l'exception franÃ§aise and its support of initial public offerings (IPOs) from medical technology firms in France. According to professional service firm Ernst & Young, companies in the country have raised $217 million over the past 18 months and...
- HCPCS and DME Changes for 2012: DPMs need to be familiar with these updates. KESSELMAN, PAUL // Podiatry Management;Mar2012, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p31
The article reports on updates that have been made in 2012 to the Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System and the billing codes which are used for durable medical equipment by U.S. health care providers. A discussion of the implications that the updates will have on billing procedures in U.S....
- DME Changes for 2011: Part 2 (Non-Medicare). Kesselman, Paul // Podiatry Management;Apr/May2011, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p35
The article presents an overview of changes which will be seen in the procedures which podiatrists use for the billing of durable medical equipment, prosthetics and supplies. Problems which many podiatrists have seen when attempting to bill insurance companies for these items are discussed.
- Lawmakers call for probe of Medicare bidding program. Landen, Rachel // Modern Healthcare;6/24/2013, Vol. 43 Issue 25, p4
The article reports on the call by U.S. Representatives Glenn Thompson and Bruce Braley to U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Inspector General Daniel Levinson to investigate the implementation of the second round of Medicare's competitive-bidding program for durable medical...