Some Thoughts on the Value of Forecasting
- MULTI-MANAGER VIEW. Smith, Ian // Money Marketing;7/14/2005, p20
Presents the author's view on the use of multi-manager funds. Assertion that multi-manager is a means by which independent financial advisors reduce their compliance risk; Statement that multi-manager offering takes away the asset allocation decision; Reference to the investment process as one...
- HNWs shifting away from advisers. Greenwood, John // Money Marketing;9/25/2003, p8
Reports on the findings of a survey on the behavior of high-net-worth investors in Great Britain. Use of independent financial advisers; Factors influencing the investors to manage their own portfolios.
- Financial Advisors. // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/14/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 46, Special section p5
The article lists the leading financial advisors in Connecticut including the Business and Financial Services Inc., the Asset Management Group Inc., the Emerald Planning Services Inc., the Hudson Heritage Capital Management Inc. and the New England Wealth Strategies.
- Targeting the small investor. Ram, R. Sree // Money Today;
The article focuses on small domestic brokerages in India that offer portfolio management services (PMS) to small investors or those with a minimum investible amount of Rx 5 lakh. PMS deal with handling of financial assets, which may be discretionary, where the fund manager does the buying and...
- Back to old times? Loria, Keith // Westchester County Business Journal;9/5/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 36, p25
The article focuses on the possible increase in the number of financial advisers in the U.S. This increase will be due to the increasing demand for services of financial advisers in managing money. Today, more financial advisers use fee-based approach. They can also exploit the market when it is...
- Advisers surrender reins to wraps. Keavney, Robert // Money Management;3/8/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p26
The article explores how platforms have significantly influenced the fund management sector in Australia. An overview of the discussion with a fund manager on the substantial benefit of the clients is offered. It is asserted that dealers should concentrate on the right to add investments to the...
- DESIGNER PORTFOLIOS. Stein, David M. // Financial Planning;Aug2002, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p78
Gives pieces of advice to financial planners about portfolio management. Steps in partitioning portfolios; Factors to consider in capital gain taxation; Recommendations to taxable investors.
- Be careful what you wish for. Raubenheimer, Heidi // Finweek;3/19/2009, Special section p17
The article offers information on the vital role played by professional fund managers in effectively managing assets and investments in South Africa. These are the people who are both concerned with active return generation. Moreover, they also determine the fund objectives using asset/liability...
- VALUE MANAGEMENT. Kavanagh, John // BRW;3/30/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p28
The article talks about the portfolio diversification of the Australian investors into global market. The growth of the Australian stock market indicates that the country investors have concentrated on the domestic equities. Financial planners and investment strategists sought to steer the...