A Look Back and a Look Ahead
- IN THE FPA. // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p18
The article offers news briefs related to the Financial Planning Association in the U.S. David Brand, executive director of the association, will be resigning before the end of the year. A resolution has been passed by the association board to clarify its position regarding the Certified...
- NEFE Think Tank Provides Insight on Motivating Clients to Improve Financial Behavior. Bowditch, Debbie // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul2005, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p54
This section focuses on a 2004 think tank sponsored and hosted by the National Endowment for Financial Education (NEFE) which provides insights, recommendations and best practices for how planners as educators can work with individuals in the U.S. in modifying their financial behavior. All of...
- Plan Sponsors Hip to Fees. // Money Management Executive;9/15/2008, Vol. 16 Issue 35, p6
The article reports on the result of the research conducted by Chicago research firm related to the causes of plan sponsors switching providers in the U.S. The research showed that 30% among the plan sponsors change their providers due to cost and fees. It informs that the cost and fees became...
- Traditional research model no longer acceptable. Beaman, Lucinda // Money Management;8/28/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p1
The article reports on the changes in the investment research industry with the heightened number of financial planners responding to the increasing market volatility and demand for more regularly reviewed investment ratings in Australia. According to the article, financial planners are starting...
- Get Real! Day, Jo; Day, Kevin // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2004, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p34
The article focuses on the case of Martin who is the owner of We Manage Assets Inc. (WMA). He thrives on change, loves complexity and new challenges and hates doing the same thing twice. While he comes up with new ideas, his love of change and complexity sometimes drives his staff crazy. WMA...
- BDMs off to boot camp. Dawson, Peter // Money Management;11/27/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 44, p22
Focuses on the improvement needed in the service offered by business development managers (BDM) to financial planners in Australia. Expectations of planners from BDM; Doubts on the ability of BDM to deliver guidance to their teams; Basic program models provided by Jacana Business to BDM.
- Successful Transitions: Getting It Right. Lynch, Matt // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec2015, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p16
The article presents succession planning for financial advisers and practices. Topics discussed include the life cycle of financial planning practice, transitioning from adviser and business owner to business leader and acquisition and retention of next-generation advisers. It examines traits...
- Brand, Pahl Both Want CFP Board's Top Job. Hitchner, Kenneth B. // Financial Planning;Nov2000, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p24
Reports that Dede Pahl and David Brand have applied for the position of president/chief executive of the Certified Financial Planner Board of Governors. Professional background of Brand and Pahl; Their contributions to the board.
- Who's Minding the Store? Sharry, Jack // On Wall Street;Nov2005, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p77
Focuses on the roles of financial advisers in succession planning. Percentage of business owners in the U.S. who do not have a business succession plan; Reasons behind the failure of business owners to create succession plan; Factors to consider in succession planning.