- The Entrepreneur's Personal Financial Plan. Sherman, Andrew J. // CPA Wealth Provider;Jul2005, p23
Focuses on the entrepreneur's personal financial plan. Challenges in business succession; Planning for transition.
- "Expert" Advice with a Fatal Flaw. Rivers, Wayne // Family Business Advisor;Nov2011, p1
The article discusses the seven major steps in the family business succession process. It offers insights on these steps which include the initial reflection period, tax and estate planning, obtaining financing and assuring the steady income flow through financial planning. It also stresses the...
- When the whole family is in on planning. Blackman, Irving // Contractor Magazine;Jan2005, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p40
Offers tax planning tips for family-owned contractor business. Importance of working with a tax expert; Identification of business goals; List of family assets; Strategies to satisfy goals based on the assets owned.
- Creating a plan for realizing 'trapped' wealth. ISAAC, GEORGE // Family Business;Nov/Dec2014, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p18
The article focuses on the importance for family businesses to develop and implement strategies to partially realize trapped family business wealth as it is being created. Topics discussed include improving overall family wealth management investment performance, evaluating the business's cash...
- Las cuentas bien claras. // Entrepreneur Mexico;mar2011, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p36
No abstract available.
- Keeping It in the Family: Part 2. Bareither, Karl R. // Bank Investment Consultant;Feb2006, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p36
The article discusses how investment advisors can boost revenues by involving all family members in the wealth transfer planning process. This process comprises nine steps and three phases guided by an investment consultant trained as a wealth transfer specialist. To ensure success, the plan...
- Never too Early for Exit Plan. // San Diego Business Journal;9/30/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 39, pS11
The article discusses the importance of early business exit planning for family owned-business enterprises highlighting that achieving exit strategy goals and preparing the business correctly takes a long time before the sale process is triggered.
- Chapter 25: Key Tax Planning Issues. Schreiber, Christoph; Yeeles, Adrian // Doing Business with Germany;1997, p253
Chapter 25 of the book "Doing Business With Germany" is presented. It describes tax planning issues regarding investing in Germany. It cites as an example involving the acquisition of a German company by a foreign investor. It also highlights key anti-avoidance provisions, specifically the loss...
- Family office space on Centric's A-list. Freeman, Glenn // Money Management;1/25/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p3
The article reports that Centric Wealth chief executive officer Michael Pillemer has announced financial planning and investment advisory services to family corporations and family-owned business enterprises in Australia. Pillemer points out that family offices tend to be circumspect about the...