The 'Firm' Approach
- Giving Clients What They Want. Lowenhaupt, Charles // Accounting Today;Oct2008 CPA Wealth Provider, Vol. 22, p25
The author discusses financial advising that will give the client what he wants from his wealth. He explains that the purpose of wealth is often not discussed with clients. He calls being able to give clients what they want from their wealth "Freedom From Wealth." The author continues to discuss...
- Little Movement Projected for Estate Planning Proposals. McCarthy, Edward // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr96, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p42
In this article, we review the important estate planning developments of 1995 and we look ahead to possible themes for 1996. The experts interviewed for this article certainly don't claim they can see the future, but we think you will find their insights illuminating.
- Toolbox: New Retirement Products. Maxfield, Blaine // Accounting Technology;Apr2009 CPA Wealth, p16
The article discusses the benefits of investor's retirement modeling tool in the U.S. It says that the modeling tool could increase the investor's ability to achieve their goals. It also says that advisors using the most advanced versions of the tools ca provide tax sensitive distribution models...
- Judgement day. Reid, Robert // Money Marketing;9/4/2008, p31
The article examines how investors in structured products can assess if their financial plans are competent or not in Great Britain. The author asserts that they have to ensure that the quality of advice is prejudiced by endless layers of supervision. He implies that this case means that a...
- STAT BANK. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2015, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p11
Statistics are presented related to financial planning as of January 2015, including the percentage of investors who prefer to discuss training and certifications of financial advisers before engaging with them, percentage of Americans who are not into investing, and the percentage increase in...
- To Think... Like a CFP. Wagner, Richard B. // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb2004, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p64
In this essay, the author argues that for financial planning in general, and Certified Financial Planner (CFP) recipients in particular, to become accepted and respected as a real profession and as real professionals, CFP practitioners must think as professionals. This means developing a...
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;2/2/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32062, p14
This article presents information regarding the results of negotiated sales. It presents state-wise information in the U.S. of the bonds purchased, name of the issuer, name of the purchaser and the date of issue of the bonds.
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bond Buyer;2/2/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32062, p26
This article presents information regarding the results of competitive sales of the bonds. It provides state-wise information of the U.S. regarding the details of the bonds, name of purchaser, name of issuer and date of issue of the bond.
- Get Centered. Bowen Jr., John J. // Financial Planning;Sep2009, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p25
The article discusses how a professional financial advisor can determine his/her target market of investors. The author suggests talking with centers of influence (COI), individuals who are movers and shakers of the industry and who understands the market and concerns of its members. COIs can...