Making a Difference
- The Practical Fiduciary. Trone, Donald B. // Financial Planning;Feb2010, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p65
The article discusses the steps required to establish a fiduciary practice. According to the author, the dimensions of a principles-based decision-making process that is designed to meet a fiduciary standard must be identified. Once these dimensions are identified, financial planning advisors...
- When We Think We Know Best. Chalk, Steff C. // Plan Adviser;Sep2014, p3
The article discusses the role of plan advisers in directing plan participants to select the right investment options, using desired outcomes, ethics and law as acceptable mechanisms for decision-making. For example, outcomes must have a goal tied to a participant's income replacement ratio,...
- Financial Advisors. // Las Vegas Business Press;2004 Book of Lists, p53
Lists the largest financial advisors in Las Vegas, Nevada ranked according to number of financial advisors. Morgan Stanley; American Express Financial Advisors; Tri-Star Management Inc.
- When Clients Want To Change Beneficiaries. Koco, Linda // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;2/25/2008, Vol. 112 Issue 7, p12
The article offers information on how financial advisors handle clients who ask to change a beneficiary designation on a financial product in the U.S. The impetus could include anything from desire to add a new grandchild or charity to the list, to the intention to remove an heir who is now...
- Listen Deep. BOWEN JR., JOHN J. // Financial Planning;Oct2011, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p35
The article focuses on the importance for financial advisors to conduct the so-called deep listening to ensure success in client relationships. It notes that advisors need to look beyond client finances and determine their profound values, dreams and fears. The process of deep listening is given...
- Differences Among Designations. Messuri, Phil // New Mexico Business Journal;Feb2006, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p14
Discusses the differences among financial advisors. Role of securities registered broker; Qualifications of a Certified Financial Planner; Information on financial professional with a Chartered Financial Consultant designation.
- TEN YEARS AGO AT THE INSTITUTE. // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug1997, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p17
This article highlights the regulatory positions of the Institute of Certified Financial Planners as of 1987.
- Advisors Want More Help on Joint Ventures... // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p25
This article provides information that can be useful for financial planners, as of August 2002. Financial advisors are increasingly focusing on building joint ventures with other professionals, according to a study by CEG Worldwide, which advises financial professionals growing their businesses....
- Satisfied Urges. Moisand, Dan // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p19
This article relates the author's experiences while forming a partnership of financial planners. According to the author, his journey, while arduous at times, yielded many benefits. Most of life's trials seem to do that. Beside the obvious, such as the honor of winning the Journal of Financial...