- Readings. Mead, Kevin; Kimmell, Dennis L. // Internal Auditor;Dec94, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p14
Reviews the book `The Heart Aroused,' by David Whyte.
- Adult books: Nonfiction. Christensen, Bryce // Booklist;5/15/94, Vol. 90 Issue 18, p1653
Reviews the book `The Heart Aroused: Poetry and the Preservation of the Soul in Corporate America,' by David Whyte.
- `Good ethics is good business'. Fisher, J.; Fullerton, S. // Chartered Accountants Journal;Feb2000, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p66
Reports on the results of a survey on ethical and unethical behavior of businesspeople in New Zealand. Application of questionable practices and short-term strategies of management; Premature conclusion of a relationship due to a breach of ethical conduct; Ethical predisposition of accounting...
- JUST SAY 'NO' (OR SOMETHING CLOSE TO IT). Ochalla, Bryan; Morrow, Peggy // Credit Union Management;Aug2003, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p6
Discusses several ethics in dealing business. Behavior of businesspeople; Correct usage of words; Reputation of being uncooperative.
- ISLAND OF DREAMS. Benady, David // Marketing Week;5/22/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p22
Discusses the efforts of the British government to reshape the country's economy along the lines of U.S. business culture. Concern that Great Britain's entrepreneurial reticence could harm the nation's long-term economic interests; Noted British entrepreneurs; Lack of brands emanating from...
- The 2006 Better Business Bureau of Southern Arizona's Ethics Award. // Inside Tucson Business;5/8/2006, Vol. 15 Issue 48, p14
Several photographs of the awardees of the 2006 Better Business Bureau of Southern Arizona's Ethics Awards including Patty Frates and Richard Ulrich are presented.
- VOICES. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/28/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 13, p28
The article focuses on the inauguration of Bresnan Ethics in Business Award which will honor businessman who has shown ethical leadership during the Cable Hall of Fame Celebration at the Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers on June 14, 2011.
- Poetry, computers and business. N.O. // Publishers Weekly;3/28/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 13, p28
Features two books of poems. `The Heart Aroused: Poetry and the Preservation of the Soul in Corporate America,' by David Whyte; `The Muse in the Machine: Computerizing the Poetry of Human Thought,' by David Gelernter.
- Needed: public displays of affection. Densford, Lynn // Corporate University Review;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p4
Addresses the need for basic business manners. Examples of distractive behaviors in seminars; Views on prohibiting people from walking out once a presentation begins; Importance of civility among business people.