Home is Where the Office Is
- Strengthening Multi-Agency Public Protection Arrangements. Dominey, Jane // British Journal of Community Justice;Spring2006, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p77
Presents information on Home Office Development and Practice Report 45, which contains messages for those involved with multi-agency public protection arrangements in Great Britain. Findings and recommendations in the report.
- Employee Use of a Home Office--Part 1. Curatola, Anthony P. // Strategic Finance;Mar2000, Vol. 81 Issue 9, p16
The article focuses on the issues involved in the claiming of a home office tax deduction in the United States. The author outlines the conditions that must be met and provides examples from court cases as to when an employee is legally eligible to claim a deduction for the use of a home...
- Sharing Spaces. Oller, Kristine // Back Stage West;4/13/2006, Vol. 13 Issue 15, p10
The article gives advice to actors on the principle of shared spaces and organizing their home office. A desktop should be a neutral territory. Paperwork and project materials should be brought to the desk, worked on, and then taken from the desk. Papers and materials related to ongoing projects...
- Homework Help. // Men's Health;May2005, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p78
Presents suggestions on dealing with challenges posed by working in a home office to the productivity of an employee. Advice on setting boundaries for work at home; Importance of getting feedback from clients; Ways in which an employee could establish the legitimacy of his work in a home office.
- Rent out a home office to the company. // Tax Strategist;Aug2009, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p8
The article offers suggestions on how to get entitled for home office deductions in the U.S. As reported, even if employees legitimately use a home office for business purposes, it is tough for them to become entitled for a tax deduction. To claim this deduction, it is advised that one should...
- Spacing OUT. Grabowski, Gregory // Home Business Magazine: The Home-Based Entrepreneur's Magazine;Sep/Oct2007, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p84
The article provides information on how to select a space at home to be converted as an office for a home-based business enterprise. The author emphasizes that home-based business owners should consider how much space is needed, the personal work processes, and the nature of the business in...
- Which tribe are you in? SCOTT, ALISTER; SCOTTON, NEIL // Coaching at Work;Sep/Oct2015, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p37
The authors discuss the type of coaches. They suggest that coaches are categorised in different characteristics which include those who do not care about their clients, coaches who care about their work, and coaches who know their values. They also recommend the grouping of coaches to bring...
- ask the experts. // Firstline;Jun2008, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p8
The article presents questions and answers about motivating an uninspired member of the team, setting rules on employee's conversation at work and maintaining the quality of service with a bigger client base.
- the Corporate Shrink. Sulkowicz, Kerry J. // Fast Company;Jul/Aug2006, Issue 107, p109
In this article the author offers a number of advice for an executive about her relationship to her boss. She observed that the boss is envious of her relationships with clients and colleagues. The author warns that whenever he hears someone say her boss envies her, he wonders whether there is...