Financing Health Care for Retirement After HIPAA: A Planner's Guide
- Prioritizing Retirement Tradeoffs. Miller, Mark // REP.;Apr2014, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p38
The article features how financial advisors can help clients plan for their retirement and personal finance issues in the U.S. The author mentions that financial advisory companies have different retirement planning approaches for clients who intend to spend some of their retirement income on...
- New Program Helps Advisers. // Best's Review;Sep2008, Vol. 109 Issue 5, p26
The article highlights the Retirement Blueprint, a program introduced by the U.S. division of Sun Life Financial to help financial advisers. The author stated that the blueprint is intended to enhance the planning skills of financial advisers and to help engage clients in the retirement-income...
- `Wake up call' needed. L.J. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);03/24/97, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p17
Reports on the fear of American financial planners that many Americans are not preparing for their retirement years. Mistake in relying on inheritance; Recommendation for setting aside $500,000; Advantage of mutual fund and stock market investments.
- Smart investing is key for planners' retirement plans. Friedman, Amy S. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/5/94, Vol. 98 Issue 36, p12
Offers financial planners some advice on retirement planning. Use of a long time frame when planning for a client's retirement; Purchase of a universal life policy with a nursing home rider to protect assets; Recommended annuities accumulation vehicles; Factors affecting traditional retirement...
- Modern retirement realities alter investment strategies. Leckey, Andrew // Journal of Business (10756124);4/21/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p16
The article offers advice from financial advisors Eric Turloff of Turloff Financial Consulting, Tom Jacobs of Motley Fool Special Ops and Christine Benz of Morningstar Inc. on investment strategies that should practice by retirees in the U.S.
- Checking the Expiration Date on Your Retirement Planning. Stein, Michael K. // Journal of Financial Planning;Sep99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p24
Focuses on financial planning for retirement in the United States. Changes in the way people view retirement; Reason for the changes; Concerns about the financial advice given to people nearing retirement age; Phases of retirement; Retirement income sources to be considered.
- Healthy, Wealthy and Wise. Korn, Donald Jay // Financial Planning;Apr2007, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p95
The article reports on the important role played by financial advisors in providing second opinion on the choices faced by affluent clients concerning the management of their medical costs. The author argues that as the so-called consumer-directed health plans are becoming popular among U.S....
- HSAs ARE THESE LOW-PRICED INSURANCE PLANS THE NEW PRESCRIPTION FOR RISING HEALTHCARE COSTS? Korn, Donald Jay // Financial Planning;Apr2006, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p64
Explores the implications for the financial planning sector of the rising cost of health insurance and medical care in the U.S. Rate of increase of health insurance premiums in the country as opposed to the rate of inflation; Endorsement by President George W. Bush of health savings account...
- WOMEN ADVISORS FORUM. Correia, Margarida // On Wall Street;May2014, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p14
The article reports on the need for financial advisors in the U.S. to help their clients plan for lengthy retirements that can easily stretch out 30 years.