Asset Protection Strategies Du Jour: An Interview With Barry Engel
- Make It a Federal Case. TARTT, BLAKE // ABA Journal;Mar1999, Vol. 85 Issue 3, p64
Outlines the benefits of litigating in federal courts. Discussion on subject matter jurisdiction; Risk for parties litigating in federal court; Factors that can impact jurisdiction or trigger the District Court's discretion to remand or dismiss the case.
- Caught in the Web--Can Your Web Site Expose You to Litigation Almost Anywhere? Lewis, Veronica Smith; Dravid, Aditi // FICC Quarterly;Winter2000, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p175
Discusses whether an individual or organization that engages in Internet activity is subject to litigation almost anywhere. General rules for determining personal jurisdiction; How to resolve Internet personal jurisdiction issues; How to avoid litigation in inconvenient forums.
- L.I. Law. Rutkin, Alan S. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/5/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 41, p33A
Discusses myths about filing Internet-related suits and informs that Internet presence alone does not establish jurisdiction. Factors on which determination of jurisdiction by courts depend; Information on the decision of the court in Zippo versus Zippo case; Alternative ways in which an...
- CARS hits the road. // Finance Week;11/17/2003, p59
Suggests that the largest securitization transaction in South Africa as of 2003 has been launched by Absa Vehicle and Asset Finance, dubbed the Collateralized Auto Receivables Securitization 1, the first traditional securitization of assets held by a major bank.
- GECAS prepping new aircraft ABS. // Asset Securitization Report;2/21/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p4
The article comments on the aircraft asset backed securities (ABS) sector markets of the United Sates. Comments made by United Capital Markets President John Devaney during the opening session at Information Management Network's ABS West 2005 conference added fuel to rumors of an imminent pooled...
- Deloitte launches Reg AB compliance tool. // Asset Securitization Report;2/21/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p4
The article reports that Deloitte & Touche LLP is developing a web-based product to help issuers comply with disclosure requirements in the Securities and Exchange Commission's freshly minted rule on asset-backed securities. Mark Scherer, a principal in Deloitte's technology and consulting...
- Making banks boring again. KAY, JOHN // Prospect;Jan2009, Issue 154, p54
The article explores the role of financial conglomerates in the creation of the global economic recession and crisis. The author reflects on the conflict between asset management and the issuance of securities. The popularity of bond trading is discussed and the role of sub-prime lending is...
- CLO Managers Take Their Buzzer Shots. Clouse, Carol J. // High Yield Report;1/6/2013, p15
The article reports that first-time asset management firms are expected to enter the collateralized loan obligation (CLO) market in 2014. It is noted that new and existing managers still have time to obtain new issues before the implementation of risk-retention regulation. Moody's asserted that...
- The Winter Group Sizes Up ABS Opportunities. // High Yield Report;10/25/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 41, p1
This article presents information on The Winter Group (TWG) unit Terwin Money Management which wrapped up its third CDO during the month of October, 2004, an asset backed transaction that appears to be the hallmark of this two year-old market participant. The firm plans to be a keen participant...