Refine Your Markets--Through Self-analysis
- What makes for a tax-efficient mutual fund? Rigtrup, Jim // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;10/5/2009, Vol. 39 Issue 15, p11
The article presents information on investing in a tax-efficient mutual fund. According to the author, index funds are more tax-efficient than other actively traded funds because of its lower portfolio turnover than the frequent buying and selling of securities. He also recommends investors to...
- Fundsdirect founder Ewing set to float hedge fund firm. Phillipps, James // Money Marketing;8/25/2005, p56
Reports on the business plans of Fundsdirect founder Sean Ewing for his hedge fund company, Absolute Capital Management, in Great Britain.
- Fidelity Asset Mgr. // Morningstar Fund Family Reports: Fidelity;Apr2006, Issue 35, p4
Provides information on Fidelity Asset Manager. Portfolio managers of the fund; Business strategy used for the fund; Performance from 2002 to 2006; Rating and risk.
- Bye-Bye Bonus? Regulator Cracks Down on Fund Manager Pay. Pfeuti, Elizabeth // AiCIO News;2013, p1
No abstract available.
- NPI to sell Sipp book to cut costs. // Money Marketing;6/9/2005, p7
The article reports on the planned selling of Sipp book by NPI Asset Management, a pension provider in Great Britain. The selling is part of the company's plan to reduce it's cost and to focus on running off its closed life business. Moreover, the company aims to take advantage of the current...
- EVALUATING IRANIAN INVESTMENT COMPANIES DURING THE YEARS 2001 TO 2005 USING SHARPE'S, TREYNOR'S AND JENSEN'S INDEXES. Tehrani, Reza; Raei, Reza; Faizabad, Arash // Journal of International Business & Economics;10/20/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p103
This study examines the risk-adjusted returns using Sharpe's Index, Treynor's Index, and Jensen's Alpha to evaluate the performance of the investment companies active in Tehran Stock Exchange (TSE) during the years 2001 to 2005. The benchmark used for comparison is the Total Index of Tehran...
- Keeping the Faith. Stav, Julie // Hispanic;Oct2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p44
Discusses the easy way to find out where a mutual fund stands in comparison to all other mutual funds when it comes to performing in a bear or bad market. Definition of a bear market and decile rank; Decline in the NASDAQ 100 index; Importance of knowing how a mutual fund performs during bad times.
- Calvert to offer sustainable mutual funds. Asci, Sue // Waste News;10/27/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 13, p2
The article reports that Calvert Group Ltd. is expanding socially conscious investment policies with a new series of funds called the Calvert SAGE (Sustainability Achieved through Greater Engagement). This will allow the firm to invest in companies that may not satisfy each of the firm's...
- Phoenix's Meteoric Managed Money Rise. Pizzani, Lori // Money Management Executive;6/2/2003, Vol. 11 Issue 22, p1
Provides information on the operations of investment management firm Phoenix Investment Partners, asset management subsidiary of insurance company Phoenix Cos. Company background; Features of the mutual fund business of the company; Business strategy of the firm.