A Guide to Understanding the Net
- FIN DE L'HADOPI: ET APRÃˆS. ULLMANN, CHARLOTTE // Beaux Arts Magazine;jui2013, Issue 349, p60
The article presents information on the failure of the French Hadopi law, promoting the distribution and protection of creative works on the internet, which may be replaced by the French institution Conseil SupÃ©rieur de l'Audiovisuel (CSA). A discussion on the benefits of creating a funds fed...
- Knitting legal patchwork quilts. Bradner, Scott // Network World;10/25/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p28
This article focuses on enforcing Internet laws in California. Within the U.S. there have been spate of state laws that might or might not affect out-of-state companies providing services over the Internet or out-of-state Internet users. California has been particularly good passing such laws,...
- IRAN-CENSORSHIP. // Middle East Reporter (Weekly Edition);1/9/2010, Vol. 136 Issue 1183, p5
The article reports on issues on Internet violations in Iran. It notes that the local authorities have drafted a list of material that should be banned from the Internet. They have intensified their surveillance of Internet activities by creating a list of violations which if committed, will...
- ANONYMITY ON THE INTERNET: HOW DOES IT WORK, WHO NEEDS IT, AND WHAT ARE ITS POLICY IMPLICATIONS? Stieglitz, Eric J. // Cardozo Arts & Entertainment Law Journal;2007, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p1395
The article examines why people are being driven to maintain anonymity in the Internet. In countries like China, the government seems interested in active censorship of content on the Internet as such people are trying to bypass the government control by resorting to encryption and anonymizing...
- Internet Defense League Prepares to Combat Threats to Web. // CIO Insight;
The article reports on the official launch of the Internet Defense League (IDL), a loose coalition of Internet sites which include Mozilla, WordPress and the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF). It states that the group will help protect the Web against proposed laws and other actions members...
- Virtue and vice cross the virtual line. Longbottom, Clive // Computer Weekly;11/21/2006, p39
The article presents the author's views and comments on virtual world. He says that people who are active on the Internet are used to getting hostile messages posted online. He argues that people have started confusing the virtuality of the Web with the realities of real life. He quotes examples...
- Convert browsers into customers. // Marketing Research;Winter2010, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on the efficacy of computer avatars in boosting online sales on company websites through conversations with the internet users.
- Rage against the machine. Irvine, Robert // Web User;3/12/2014, Issue 340, p3
An introduction to articles published in this issue is presented including an article on ways to get around online rules, another on web users and web restrictions.
- TAKEN FOR A RIDE on the INFORMATION HIGHWAY. Kaplan, Barry Jay // Inside MS;Oct-Dec2002, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p48
Offers a look at the issues concerning information highway in the U.S. Prevalence of Internet fraud; Controversies associated with the application of the Internet to get medical information; Issues concerning online auction.