- Options for Future Regulation of Financial Planners, Part I. Macey, Jonathan R. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun2002, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p92
The article examines possible options for future reform of the financial planning profession in the U.S. Reform options to regulate financial planners face the difficult problem of how to define financial planning with suitable precision so as not to be over- or underinclusive. The basic...
- Institute IA Amendments Pass Congress. // Journal of Financial Planning;Oct96, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p95
The article reports that Institute of Certified Financial Planners' landmark securities reform legislation was passed in the U.S. Senate enabling clients to retain their financial planning professional if they move to another state. This provision was one of several proposed by the institute and...
- Mark Johannessen On His Calling -- and Yours. Lee, Shelley A. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2008, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p16
An interview Mark E. Johannessen, president of the Financial Planning Association (FPA), is presented. When asked about the FPA's 2008 agenda he states that it is advocacy for the financial planning profession and consumers. He indicates that the purpose of the initiative entitled Co-creating...
- Mass Customizing Client Service Through High-Tech, High-Touch Communication. McCarthy, Ed // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p58
This article examines the role of high technology tools in communicating with clients and prospects. Planners interviewed in this article agreed that the new communications technologies are very useful. E-mail was the most widely used tool, but the emphasis was on servicing existing clients...
- Planners urged to be expansive. // Money Management;3/3/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p4
The article reports on the need for financial planners to be expansive in finding returns for their clients in Australia.
- Planners shift to passive investments. Stewart, Tim // Money Management;9/15/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p1
The article reports on the increasing recommendations of passive investments made by financial planners.
- CE QUIZ. // Financial Planning;Sep2009, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p124
A quiz about financial planning which were featured in the issue is presented.
- Commissions mask true cost of advice. // Super Review;Apr2010, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p3
The article cites a study from West Australian super fund GESB which shows that Australian consumers are questioning on the true cost of advice, in which almost half of them thought less than 500 U.S. dollars per year was appropriate for a five-year financial plan.
- Glad tidings of good planning. Tisshaw, Gavin // Money Marketing;11/28/2002, p16
Discusses the value of financial advice offered by independent financial advisers (IFA) in Great Britain. Establishment of a bank of real-life examples of how advice made by an IFA made a tangible difference in people's lives; Potential savings made for clients every time an IFA puts a life...