Factor Analysis: Are You Getting the True Portfolio Picture?
- Different Callings. Keeble III, John B. // Financial Planning;Oct2001, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p107
Offers insights on portfolio management. Views on the possibility that portfolios may take the place of mutual funds; Technique on dealing with portfolio managers; Difference between financial planning and portfolio management.
- Should We Manage Expectations or Money? Diliberto, Roy T. // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb1996, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p97
The financial planning profession is at one of those crossroads where a wrong turn can derail years of progress and achievement. The answers were surprisingly consistent. They mentioned trust, integrity, and willingness to be available when they needed questions answered. Virtually every...
- Towards a goal programming methodology for constructing equity mutual fund portfolios. Pendaraki, Konstantina; Doumpos, Michael; Zopounidis, Constantin // Journal of Asset Management;Apr2004, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p415
The evaluation of the performance of mutual fund (MF) portfolios has been a very interesting research topic not only for researchers, but also for managers of financial, banking and investment institutions. In this paper, a multicriteria decision aid framework is proposed for the construction of...
- New Director's Forum Exec Speaks Out. // Money Management Executive;9/11/2006, Vol. 14 Issue 34, p1
The article reports on the plan of Susan Ferris Wyderko, executive director of Mutual Fund Director's Forum in Washington, to help independent fund directors to do their job better and increase the not-for-profit organization's responsiveness to directors' needs. She believes that her new role...
- PIONEER EMERGING MARKETS FUND. // On Wall Street;Jul2003, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p80
Features Pioneer Emerging Markets Fund. Investment outlook of the fund; Reasons for owning emerging markets; Responsibilities of financial advisors; Portfolio allocation of the fund.
- Financial Advisors and Mutual Fund Selection. Jones, Michael A.; Lesseig, Vance P.; Smythe, Thomas I. // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2005, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p64
Previous research has found that individual investors rely heavily on mutual fund advertising and on raw returns when making fund purchase decisions. To date, however, little empirical work has investigated the mutual fund decision-making process of financial advisors. This paper provides survey...
- JULIAN GIBBS. Gibbs, Julian // Money Marketing;6/3/2004, p44
Looks at the investment trust market in Great Britain. Importance of investing in an actively managed fund of investment trusts managed by a top performing manager which also invests in international trusts; Discounts on investment trusts; Safety of investment trust.
- Advisers surrender reins to wraps. Keavney, Robert // Money Management;3/8/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p26
The article explores how platforms have significantly influenced the fund management sector in Australia. An overview of the discussion with a fund manager on the substantial benefit of the clients is offered. It is asserted that dealers should concentrate on the right to add investments to the...
- How to Buy a Sector Fund. Kinnel, Russel // Morningstar FundInvestor;Apr2008, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p1
The article offers tips on how to choose a good sector fund. It suggests applying expense ratios, strong management, and sound strategies. It recommends limiting to one or two sector funds total. Furthermore, the author advises looking for expertise in the sector fund or a diversified manager...