Applying Pareto's Law
- PARETO ON GUIDING THE FUTURE. Green, Arnold W. // Humboldt Journal of Social Relations;1973, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p66
The article presents views and insights of socialist Vilfredo Pareto concerning the goals in a democratic society. He noted that dehumanization or any similar pejorative is an emotion-laden term with no referent or standard of comparison. According to him, the best form of society is a...
- The Vital Few and the Trivial Many. Smith, Ben // Windows IT Pro;Apr2006, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p61
Discusses the application of the 80/20 quality management concept to optimize information technology (IT) resource allocation. Origination of the rule from economist Vilfredo Pareto and management theorist Joseph M. Juran; Identification and separation of the vital 20 percent of IT support...
- The Simple Method of Working Smarter. Bartos, Jon // Fordyce Letter;Apr2011, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p25
The article offers tips on how to work smarter and achieve work-life balance using time, tools, and techniques within the recruiting industry. It highlights the effectiveness and efficiency principles (e-Principles) developed by engineer and economist Vilfredo Pareto. It enumerates several...
- The Pareto principle. Ehrlich, Julian // Australian Personal Computer;Nov97, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p62
Focuses on Vilfredo Pareto, an economist and his eponymous principle, the `80:20 Rule.' Definition of the rule; What Pareto's work was based on; Application of Pareto's rule to the computer industry.
- Top-Tier Financial Advisors of Tomorrow. Moseley-Williams, Dennis // LIMRA's MarketFacts Quarterly;Fall2004, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p34
Suggests the implementation of practice management, permission marketing and systemization for financial advisors. Discussion on the Pareto Principle in business; Benefits of systemizing practices; Steps in structuring business practices.
- A Way Out of the Healthcare Mess? Walker, Lewis J. // On Wall Street;Oct2004, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p99
Analyzes the Pareto-optimality theory of Italian economist Vilfredro Pareto in solution the problems regarding the U.S. healthcare policies. Role of the rich on poor people under the theory; Effect of the growing U.S. economy after the World War II on health insurances offered by companies;...
- VILFREDO PARETO (1848-1923). Schumpeter, Joseph A. // Quarterly Journal of Economics;May49, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p147
Focuses on the life and work of theorist and sociologist Vilfredo Pareto. Social background of Pareto; Appraisal of Pareto's work in pure theory; Pareto's conception of society.
- The Pareto chart--a tool for continuous improvement. Kiesow, Paul // Ceramic Industry;May95, Vol. 144 Issue 5, p20
Focuses on a Pareto chart, also known as a Pareto diagram, a bar graph that ranks the values of related variables in decreasing order of occurrence. Development of the principle by Vilfredo Pareto, a 19th century Italian sociologist and economist at the University of Lausanne in Switzerland;...
- EEN MONOGRAFIE OVER LEVEN EN WERK VAN PARETO. Hennipman, P. // De Economist (0013-063X);Nov72, Vol. 120 Issue 6, p563
Describes the economic epistemology of economists Vilfredo Pareto. Contribution of Pareto on economic development; Literary works of Pareto; Problems associated with writing style.