Running a Practice
In this issue's Practitioner Roundtable, we visit with four CFP practitioners who operate practices of different sizes and styles, but, interestingly, have similar outlooks about the fundamentals of managing a practice and the internal and external forces that, with time, influence how a practice is continually shaped and redefined to remain competitive, flexible and profitable in today's business environment.
- The Great Escape. // CPA Wealth Provider;Oct2008, p32
The article provides tips to consider by entrepreneurs in making a successful business exit before retirement decisions. The steps include creating financial plan, maximizing retirement savings, determining the company's worth, establishing transfer strategy for the business to the buyer, and...
- Model and Practice of Strategic Policy Process in Indonesia: Case Study Strategic Management in Indonesian Central Government (2009-2012). Nurmandi, Achmad // Journal of Management & Strategy;Nov2012, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p65
Since 1998, the Indonesian government had introduced an approach for Strategic Management under Government Regulation No. 108/200 the government has not evaluated experiences with this strategy. However, in 2009, the administration of President Yudhoyono introduced a new approach entitled...
- CALENDAR. // Inside Tucson Business;3/29/2010, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p19
A calendar of events for the Tucson, Arizona area in April 2010 is presented which include a seminar titled "Planning a Secure Financial Future," a workshop titled "Entrepreneurial Leadership and Strategic Thinking," and a meeting of the Arizona Small Business Association.
- ENHANCING THE COMPETITIVENESS OF TOURISM IN THE REPUBLIC OF SERBIA USING THE CLUSTER MODEL. Stavljanin, Biljana; Kresoja, Marinko; Andric, Natasa // Perspectives of Innovations, Economics & Business;2011, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p40
The Republic of Serbia has the chance to raise its competitive strategy for growth, independently or with the support from the international community, by defining the development objectives and determining the economic structure. In this context, tourism represents an essential complex with...
- Strategy-Comprehensiveness Fit and Performance. Bahaee, Mahmood S. // Australian Journal of Management (University of New South Wales);Dec92, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p195
This paper attempts to establish the applicability of the Miles and Snow typology of strategic orientation to small, entrepreneurial organisations. It posits that congruence between strategic orientation and decision making comprehensiveness of the strategic planning process is a superior...
- Financial Focus. // Munday Courier (TX);8/12/2009, Vol. 36 Issue 36, p3
The article identifies the factors that directly affect the financial and investment strategies of people which include marriage, children career changes and retirement.
- FINANCIAL STRATEGY OF THE ENTERPRISE IN MODERN CONDITIONS. Borodin, A. I.; Verchenko, Y. K. // Bulletin of the East Siberian State University of Technology / V;Oct-Dec2012, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p123
The analysis of existing financial strategies of managing business entities in contemporary terms is given in the article.
- Sustainable corporate entrepreneurship: Evolving and connecting with the organization. Kelley, Donna // Business Horizons;Jan2011, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p73
Abstract: Corporate entrepreneurship necessarily entails both risk and high levels of uncertainty; yet, established organizations are typically positioned as efficient engines that function best via cautious and routine progress, which can hinder attempts to inject innovative ideas into mature...
- FINANCING OF INNOVATION -- THRESHOLDS AND OPTIONS. Spielkamp, Alfred; Rammer, Christian // Management & Marketing;2009, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p3
The paper investigates thresholds and options for financing innovation activities in manufacturing and services using data from the German Community Innovation Survey (CIS) 2007. We analyze the significance of financing restrictions, especially the role of internal financing, external capital,...