Mediation: The Win-Win Solution
- Forget litigation--conflict resolution is cheaper and faster. Fujimoto; Oken, Robert // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;11/22/99, Issue 322541, p13
Offers advice on conflict resolution in the workplace. Option of litigation; Role of a mediator in conflict resolution; Sources of information on Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- A practitioner's guide to mediation. Smyth, Philip; Hyland, John // Accountancy Ireland;Feb1999, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p20
Presents a guide for accountants on the use of mediation in resolving disputes in business. Background on development of mediation and alternative dispute resolution; Three phases in commercial mediation process; Areas of application of mediation for the accounting profession; Advantages of...
- CONTRACT DISPUTES. Glasner, Kenneth // Dispute Resolution Journal;Aug-Oct2000, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p50
Explores the role of alternative dispute resolution in contract disputes. Negotiation; Mediation; Adjudication.
- FAIR TO MIDDLING. Parkin, David // Lawyer;4/19/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p23
Focuses on the practice of mediation in Great Britain. Increase awareness of alternative dispute resolution (ADR); Percentage in the overall increase in mediation cases; Basic concepts of mediation.
- Justice Outside the Courtroom. Hellen, Beth // Disclosures;May/Jun2012, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p26
The article discusses the significant role of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) in resolving conflict in business outside the courtroom. It notes that ADR, which is more economical and private, is a method which include arbitration and mediation, that can be used by companies to resolve...
- Making Commercial Mediation Work for You! Daly, Stephanie // Contact Magazine;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p65
The article focuses on the efficacy of mediation in addressing business-related disputes. Mediation, as used in law, is a form of alternative dispute resolution (ADR), a way of resolving disputes between two or more parties with concrete effects. Details on the theory behind mediation are...
- Mediation and Legal Literacy. Tomlinson, Elizabeth C. // Community Literacy Journal;Spring2011, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p75
This study uses fieldwork to investigate the sponsorship of legal literacy within a court mediation program. This examination of institutional involvement in literacy sponsorship demonstrates the ideological nature of literacy by showing the importance of context, investigating literacy-based...
- DRC Gains New Ground as an Approved Mediation Agency. // Contact Magazine;2010, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p44
The article reports on the certification of the Dispute Resolution Centre (DRC) as an approved Mediation Agency in Trinidad and Tobago. It notes that DRC's roster of mediators include experts in business, law, and industrial relations. It has 15 years experience in mediations and an effective...
- Teaching Mediation: The Need to Overhaul Legal Education. Kraemer, Karen D. // Arbitration Journal;Sep92, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p12
One major key to unclogging the courts is to integrate the concept of mediation into the way American society resolves its civil, business disputes. This requires a radical change in the way outside counsel, particularly litigators, assess cases and advise clients. This also will necessitate...