Do You Know Where Your Mutual Fund Is Sleeping Tonight?
- Advisers surrender reins to wraps. Keavney, Robert // Money Management;3/8/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p26
The article explores how platforms have significantly influenced the fund management sector in Australia. An overview of the discussion with a fund manager on the substantial benefit of the clients is offered. It is asserted that dealers should concentrate on the right to add investments to the...
- HANDING OVER CONTROL. Bolin, Lynn // Finance Week;5/31/2004 Supplement - Richer Life, p12
Reports that an increasing number of investors in South Africa have begun turning to private client portfolio managers for their particular brand of customer service. Comparison between personalized investment management services and unit trusts; Team of investment professionals who will build a...
- SMA Scorecard. // Money Management Executive;3/21/2005, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p13
The article presents a list of top 10 performing SMA program managers for the forth quarter of the year 2004. CheckFree Investment Service has provided the data. The list of firms provided in the data are Neuberger Berman, LLC; Advisors Capital Management, LLC; Parker/Hunter Asset Management;...
- Different Callings. Keeble III, John B. // Financial Planning;Oct2001, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p107
Offers insights on portfolio management. Views on the possibility that portfolios may take the place of mutual funds; Technique on dealing with portfolio managers; Difference between financial planning and portfolio management.
- GIANTS STRIVE FOR WORLD DOMINATION. // Accountancy;Dec1996, Vol. 118 Issue 1240, p46
Deals with appeal of the investment trust sector to investors in Great Britain. Performance of venture capitalist 3i; Consequence of action to create shareholder value at Kleinwort European Privatisation; Recommendations by NatWest Securities.
- Too clever by half. // Money Marketing;10/7/2010, p41
In this article, the author discusses the effect of worsening mutual funds to the portfolio of investors.
- ï¿½or trust your fund manager. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;9/27/2002, p8
Presents arguments in favor of an actively managed investment portfolios in South Africa. Success in beating the stock market; Comparison of the merits of active and passive investing by mutual funds; Measures taken by the unit trust industry to address the needs of small investors.
- FUNDS 2002: What Brokers Should Know About Today's Fund Investors. Vujovich, Dian // On Wall Street;May2002, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p61
Provides information on the changes in strategies of mutual fund investors in 2002. Criteria in the selection of mutual funds; Category of investors' needs in investment planning; Considerations in fund investing.
- HNWs shifting away from advisers. Greenwood, John // Money Marketing;9/25/2003, p8
Reports on the findings of a survey on the behavior of high-net-worth investors in Great Britain. Use of independent financial advisers; Factors influencing the investors to manage their own portfolios.